Am I botched?

CSan

I got my second tattoo last week. First one on my arm ever and definitely way more visible than the first one I got. I didn’t realize how much the skin on the arm moved so unless my hand and wrist are in one specific position, the letters look a little stretched or crooked. I just need straight up honest feedback. Does it look fine? Does it look botched? Honestly I wanted it smaller and on the inside of my wrist but the artist suggested larger and up higher and I agreed bc you know, they are the professional. I’m trying to figure out if I need to have it worked on some more, leave it alone or removed altogether. I’m kinda freaking out but I’m really hoping it’s just because I’m not used to seeing it on me.  It has a circle design and some script font that says “Still I rise”. 

F9A4F982-0B3B-4897-8B3A-B9AD48C83834.jpeg

8CF4146B-AD6E-42E9-A2DE-A4583480C759.jpeg

F31121C5-7881-4649-A0EB-198BF125A4C6.jpeg

DEBFA613-281C-4AD4-91EC-E39414AD4FAF.jpeg

Yes, you are botched.

Does it look like the stencil? If so, it's on you, if not it's on your tattooer. This is one of the reasons I don't like text - very few people can do it well and it's often hard to read.

First - you can't, and shouldn't do anything until it heals in 4 - 6 weeks. Bad news - even knowing what it says, I don't see it. I don't see any "I" don't recognize the "S" in still and "rise" looks like "rife" or "wife." More bad news - even laser probably won't completely remove it. Laser is not like an eraser. Yet more bad news - If you try to fix it, you'll almost certainly make it worse. YOU CAN'T FIX SCRIPT. Good news - it could have been worse.

I recommend after it heals, finding someone really good at coverups and get that covered. Don't cheap out, make sure you do your homework, or you'll be one of the many people I see that say, "I hated my tattoo so I ran out and got a cover up and now it's even worse." I remember getting work done one time and this woman came in with an awful coverup; it looked like it was drawn by a developmentally challenged 8 year old. When she left my artist said, "that thing looks like arnold schwartzenager climbing out of a tar pit." He's a great artist and put a huge Koi over it and you can't even see the old mess.

Meanwhile, don't sweat it. Having said all that, there is something cool about it that I kind of like.

Edited by Hogrider

Thanks. I’m sure being where I can see it all the time and obsess over imperfections is not the best thing 😅 I can live with difficult to read. As long as it doesn’t look like my 3 year old scribbled on my wrist with permanent ink*, I think I can deal with it! 

Edited by CSan

45 minutes ago, CSan said:

Thanks. I’m sure being where I can see it all the time and obsess over imperfections is not the best thing 😅 I can live with difficult to read. As long as it doesn’t look like my 3 year old scribbled on my wrist with a tattoo gun, I think I can deal with it! 

Not at all. (Also, don't call it a "tattoo gun.") 😉

If you get another tattoo, think about being less literal and go  more figurative. 🙂