Thick Skin ?

VenomX

Hi guys.

Just had another tattoo ( star-sign on my arm )

The artist had to keep going over the same area because the skin was too thick and said i may have to go in for a touchup once its healed because he didn't want to cause too much trauma to my arm. It looks pretty much perfect, just one line is slightly thicker than the other, should be an easy job to do.

Has anybody else had this experience ? Thanks

Edited by VenomX

• 1 year later...

This is 100% true. My tattoo artist also said I had thick skin and had do go over the lines. A previous artists said the needles weren’t going through my skin and pushed harder - causing a blowout. This skin can be found on places other than your extremities as my tattoo is on my ribs. The successful tattoo artist has been working for over 10 years and has only encountered it a couple times, BUT IT IS A THING.

18 hours ago, Alexandria1998 said:

This is 100% true. My tattoo artist also said I had thick skin and had do go over the lines. A previous artists said the needles weren’t going through my skin and pushed harder - causing a blowout. This skin can be found on places other than your extremities as my tattoo is on my ribs. The successful tattoo artist has been working for over 10 years and has only encountered it a couple times, BUT IT IS A THING.

Yeah, it's really not a thing.