Small Smell

McKenna

I’m currently working on my sleeve and I’m about halfway done with it. I noticed now that there’s a small smell on my tattoo. I can’t smell it from a distance and only can smell it when I get super close to my tattoo. I’m just concerned with the thought of an infection but I’ve done everything the same I have with my 7 other tattoos. I have no unusual pain with it and it isn’t red or inflamed. Just would like a little advice on what to do? 

image.jpg

2 hours ago, Hogrider said:

It looks like you have way too much lotion on your tattoo. The skin looks all shiny. You should use the absolute minimum needed to keep it from drying out.

I'd try no lotion for a day or two and see if it still smells.

I’m just nervous of it drying out? It’s only been about 6 days since I’ve last got it worked on. 

10 minutes ago, McKenna said:

I’m just nervous of it drying out? It’s only been about 6 days since I’ve last got it worked on. 

Too much moisturizer is just as bad as too little, if not worse. 6 days in, so what if it dries out? What do you think is going to happen? When I'm six days in I moisturize it once a day, using just a tiny bit of cocoa butter. I used to make a big production out of caring for a new tattoo. Now I do the absolute minimum and the new tattoos don't heal or look any different than the old ones.

Edited by Hogrider