Noob Alert :) slash chest/throat piece advice

TBag0525

Hey y'all! I'm Tiff. I stumbled on this forum while looking to read about some experiences with neck/chest/throat tattoos. After clicking around a little bit, I have decided I am in the right place. I cannot wait to chat with some of you, read your stories, ask & answer some questions (if I'm knowledgeable on the topic),  and gather ideas for unique pieces of body art. I have several tattoos (10+) and plan on adding to my collection as often as I can. I have been bouncing the idea around of getting a chest/throat/neck piece. It is a life changing decision and I want to make sure I am positive it is what I want before I take that leap. Best place to start is by doing my research, so here I am. Anyone have one of these tattoos? How has it effected your interactions with people around you? Your employment? Parent-Teacher conferences or interactions with your child's sport coach? What did your friends and family say BEFORE you had it done? Try to talk you out of it? I am well aware there are many negatives that come along with this type of body art, even though I find large feminine tattoos in this location to be absolutely beautiful. I am interesting in hearing your experiences. 

For reference, I am 31. Mother of 3 "older" children (elem & middle school age). I own/operate my own small business and plan on sticking with it for awhile, so employment is not currently an issue. I do have piercings, other ink, and my hair is usually some form of unnatural color. lol

13 hours ago, TBag0525 said:

For reference, I am 31. Mother of 3 "older" children (elem & middle school age). I own/operate my own small business and plan on sticking with it for awhile, so employment is not currently an issue. I do have piercings, other ink, and my hair is usually some form of unnatural color. lol

Just being heavily tattooed definitely burns some bridges so I'd be really careful about an all-the-time visible throat tattoo. I'm about 3/4 of the way through a body suit, but I can cover all my ink with long pants and a long sleeved shirt, buttoned up. If I wanted to go back to the corporate hamster wheel I could cut my hair too.

You can remove your piercings, dye your hair and cover your tattoos, but a throat tattoo is just out there for all to see. There is no going back from that. Not saying you shouldn't do it, but it's something I'd really have to think about.

image.png