Hey there

FinallyInkd

I always understand the 10 post rules but rather than clutter up the forums with useless replies I guess I can ask here? 

New tattoo Friday, been under saniderm until today(about 36 hours). Had a leak with potential contamination so I washed and changed it. 

Does this look like some staining or blowout?  I've healed under saniderm before and didn't notice staining like this. I am prone to dry skin being over 40. Thank you for any replies. 

20190707_140459.jpg

where is that on your body ?  and have you scrubbed  it with soap and water with the palm of your hand ?

I have never seen "staining",  that looks like blowout,

I am 59 and still getting tattoos and I have never been stained by ink,not that didn't wash off right away.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

where is that on your body ?  and have you scrubbed  it with soap and water with the palm of your hand ?

I have never seen "staining",  that looks like blowout,

I am 59 and still getting tattoos and I have never been stained by ink,not that didn't wash off right away.

Outside upper ankle area to lower calf.  I took off the derm today and washed it twice with antibacterial soap, reasonably vigorously.  Like I said I haven't seen it on my other tats either.  There was lots of black fluid under the derm so I've been hoping! its just staining. Hard to imagine that complete a blowout. It's everywhere.  I'm a bit nervous. 

20190707_154034.jpg

I have well over 200 hours in the chair and I've never had or heard about staining. No need to worry, there is nothing you can do about it anyway. As said, 4 - 6 weeks to heal and see what you have then. That is on some really thin skin which is more prone to blow-outs.

Good luck.

Edited by Hogrider

31 minutes ago, Hogrider said:

I have well over 200 hours in the chair and I've never had or heard about staining. No need to worry, there is nothing you can do about it anyway. As said, 4 - 6 weeks to heal and see what you have then. That is on some really think skin which is more prone to blow-outs.

Good luck.

Thank you.  Is ankle and calf skin typically extra thick?  I wouldn't have thought I had especially thick skin, but then again how would anyone know? 

18 hours ago, FinallyInkd said:

Thank you.  Is ankle and calf skin typically extra thick?  I wouldn't have thought I had especially thick skin, but then again how would anyone know? 

It's thin skin, which is more prone to blowouts.  Wrist, ankle, fingers, toes and tops of hands/feet are all thinner skin.

2 minutes ago, michi0709 said:

It's thin skin, which is more prone to blowouts.  Wrist, ankle, fingers, toes and tops of hands/feet are all thinner skin.

Hard to think it's my skins although I know it's a tricky area.  I have a big piece on the other leg that extends far onto my foot, perfect lines.  Rotten luck I guess.

I heard back from my artist, he confirmed it's blowout which I already knew from you guys, just didn't want to know 😞

He said he should have used a different needle setup, was really apologetic and decent about it.  Going in a few weeks for fix attempts.  I guess thicken some lines, add color around it?  Not what I wanted but what I got. 

23 minutes ago, JAC1961 said:

He knows that now, but not when he did it? That be the big red flag for me not to go back to him. What's he not going to know this time that he'll realize later?

That's a point no doubt.  Underestimated the thin delicate quality of my skin I gather.  Leaves me a bit confused about what to do though.  It's a fair sized piece and I'd hate to leave it looking like this. Yet wouldn't like it looking even worse. 

38 minutes ago, FinallyInkd said:

That's a point no doubt.  Underestimated the thin delicate quality of my skin I gather.  Leaves me a bit confused about what to do though.  It's a fair sized piece and I'd hate to leave it looking like this. Yet wouldn't like it looking even worse. 

If you go back and that guy tries to "fix" it, it is going to look even worse. Just let it heal and figure out what to do later. And don't go back to that guy.

15 minutes ago, oboogie said:

If you go back and that guy tries to "fix" it, it is going to look even worse. Just let it heal and figure out what to do later. And don't go back to that guy.

Thank you.  Healing first for sure.  I'll have to think about how to handle this though.  I had this done at one of the best, if not the best place in my city.  There's a thought of they did it they should fix it, from a monetary point of view.  But the fix, what maybe turn my clean line tattoo into some blotchy watercolor POS?  I like color but not randomly scattered blobs.

Yeah heal and let my attitude settle I guess.  Maybe someone here will have suggestions about what would improve it best once it's healed.  

1 hour ago, FinallyInkd said:

Thank you.  Healing first for sure.  I'll have to think about how to handle this though.  I had this done at one of the best, if not the best place in my city.  There's a thought of they did it they should fix it, from a monetary point of view.  But the fix, what maybe turn my clean line tattoo into some blotchy watercolor POS?  I like color but not randomly scattered blobs.

Yeah heal and let my attitude settle I guess.  Maybe someone here will have suggestions about what would improve it best once it's healed.  

Trying to "fix" it is going to look awful. You'd need to cover it up with something else. There's not fixing that.

17 minutes ago, oboogie said:

Trying to "fix" it is going to look awful. You'd need to cover it up with something else. There's not fixing that.

I guess I'll have to look into cover ups, but that's a lot of black ink to somehow cover.  It's about 10x6.  Hard to see that working unless I want an even bigger blacker tattoo, which I don't.  I'm getting a bit angry, "call in a few weeks for an appointment". 

No matter what - you've got to let it sit for a couple of months, and what you see now might not be what you see then. It's got to settle in before reworking it, if needed. You might be surprised. 

In the event it needs re-working and if I were you, I'd initially find out specifically what their plan would be and then let us know (along with a link to this person's work) what that plan is . . . 

5 minutes ago, SStu said:

No matter what - you've got to let it sit for a couple of months, and what you see now might not be what you see then. It's got to settle in before reworking it, if needed. You might be surprised. 

In the event it needs re-working and if I were you, I'd initially find out specifically what their plan would be and then let us know (along with a link to this person's work) what that plan is . . . 

I'll take that advice thank you.  Nice to even think maybe it won't be that bad in the end.  I'll find the appropriate place to post when and if it gets worked on further.  It's my second ankle done and I really loved it, on day one. I don't have a third so hopefully I can continue to like it in the end.