Newbie here...😜

Sasha

Hello all,

I stayed up late into the wee hours this morning reading a lot of the threads and posts. I enjoyed seeing pictures and hearing your stories of your tattoos. 

I didn’t see anything on what I was going to ask. Has anyone used vitamin E ointment on their tattoos? If so, for how long after you got the tattoo? I got a nice cover up on the 26th of June, and have been washing it with gentle soap and applying the ointment on twice a day(started three days after the tattoo with the ointment).I don’t know how long I should use the ointment for. It seems that the tattoo is not nearly as black as it was. Looking very faded and cloudy. This is my fourth tattoo. The others didn’t lose the black like this, nor take as long to heal. It’s a bit sore still, itchy and I notice a a couple tiny red bumps in three spots of the tattoo. Mind you, when I got the others, I used polysporin, many years ago. Lol 

Thank you. 

Tattoos never look as black as the day you get them. It takes 4-6 weeks for them to totally heal, so you won't know what it's going to look like until then. The cloudy is not abnormal, but the spots sound like it is being over moisturized. I wouldn't use Vitamin E on a new tattoo just because it's so heavy. I would use something that would let the tattoo breath like cocoa butter, just a tiny bit to keep the skin from drying.

Ok thank you.  I did not apply anything yet today to it. I will try some lotion. 

Yes, but it looks like half has gone in terms of colour, if not more. I will see in another few weeks how it’s holding up. Probably also because it’s on my foot and rather a decent size. Inch from my toes to up past my ankle, for the healing to take longer. 

Thank you, Hogrider.