Light Headed

VenomX

Have had a few tattoos done previously with no issues, This is the first one ive had however whilst im lying down.

However when I had a medium size piece on my arm done earlier, half way through i felt light headed and then every light looked really bright.

So I told the tattooist and he said just rest for a few minutes and have some water, within seconds I went back to normal again

I think the culprit was because I wasn't breathing properly as I was quite tensed and concentrating on trying not to move, could also be because I didnt have a sugary snack or drink before the tattoo. ??

The tattoo came out perfectly however

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-09 at 12.55.57.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-09 at 13.57.39.jpeg

Edited by VenomX

24 minutes ago, VenomX said:

Have had a few tattoos done previously with no issues, This is the first one ive had however whilst im lying down.

However when I had a medium size piece on my arm done earlier, half way through i felt light headed and then every light looked really bright.

So I told the tattooist and he said just rest for a few minutes and have some water, within seconds I went back to normal again

I think the culprit was because I wasn't breathing properly as I was quite tensed and concentrating on trying not to move, could also be because I didnt have a sugary snack or drink before the tattoo. ??

The tattoo came out perfectly however

yep ! you need to pre-hydrate and the best thing to do when feeling light headed is to eat some candy,

of course eating a good meal before getting tattooed is a no brainer.

that little tattoo should be an easy one,

You've got this, piece of cake.

I was taught several years ago the technique of "belly breathing". On the inhale you push your stomach outward fully. The idea being that your diaphragm drops further, pulling air more deeply into your lungs. It seems odd at first, but is easy to get the hang of. It really helps relieve stress. Do it slowly, concentrating on each breathe.

Good luck! 👍