Hey, tattoo in progress, looking for opinions

tsuk

Hey there i'm a 30 year old male physician

I'm currently in the process of having my first tattoo done for my 30th birthday which was about 5 days ago during which i had my first session

The tattoo is gonna include the whole arm (inner/biceps), opposite forearm, pec, traps, a tad of the neck and the whole rear shoulder area

First session is done, I was looking for your educated opinion on wether or not the artist is doing a good job, I'm quite happy with it but I'm really not experienced at all with this

66763393_2829961633712990_2972557216432783360_n.jpg

Some of the lines 5 days after the initial inking appear like having some ink leaking out or they're at least a lot fuzzier than they were on day 1

Is this normal ? Picture attached

66617916_1176722879182256_4717861312246317056_n.thumb.jpg.6b246b5c94d6bc3a6663a0b30b252a60.jpg

Thank you for your time , I am looking forward to reading you !

Edited by tsuk

2 hours ago, tsuk said:

Hey there i'm a 30 year old male physician

I'm currently in the process of having my first tattoo done for my 30th birthday which was about 5 days ago during which i had my first session

The tattoo is gonna include the whole arm (inner/biceps), opposite forearm, pec, traps, a tad of the neck and the whole rear shoulder area

First session is done, I was looking for your educated opinion on wether or not the artist is doing a good job, I'm quite happy with it but I'm really not experienced at all with this

Some of the lines 5 days after the initial inking appear like having some ink leaking out or they're at least a lot fuzzier than they were on day 1

Is this normal ? Picture attached

Thank you for your time , I am looking forward to reading you !

if you are "quite happy with it",then the artist is doing a good job.

it looks fine,

Well I was more than happy with it but then the healing process started, I landed on this forum and realised I didnt pick my artist by looking at healed tattoos, so I actually was scared of having picked someone whose tats will heal badly and came here for an educated opinion before doing the next session

If theres no sign of my artist doing something wrong then it's all good : P

Hey so it went ok, didnt get enough time to put colors and left some part unfinished so it doesnt look that good just yet, the guy is cool and is overall a pretty cool experience

a new source of worry:

I m paying 500 euros for around 5-6 hours of work, we're not even halfway done, it's gonna cost me a lot more than I anticipated, I'm not sure if the guy is slow or whats up but over 10 hours of work and we're not done with the arm/shoulder part yet

Still while i'm there he's defenitely working as i can feel the needles in pretty much non stop, maybe it just takes that much time i dont know : P

Edited by tsuk

2 hours ago, tsuk said:

Hey so it went ok, didnt get enough time to put colors and left some part unfinished so it doesnt look that good just yet, the guy is cool and is overall a pretty cool experience

a new source of worry:

I m paying 500 euros for around 5-6 hours of work, we're not even halfway done, it's gonna cost me a lot more than I anticipated, I'm not sure if the guy is slow or whats up but over 10 hours of work and we're not done with the arm/shoulder part yet

Still while i'm there he's defenitely working as i can feel the needles in pretty much non stop, maybe it just takes that much time i dont know : P

Not everyone works at the same speed. Faster is not always better.

Hey guys

Tomorow is the last session before artist goes in vacation for a month 

How long do you usually wait before working out after a tattoo ?

Artist said the longer the better, i m looking at 2 weeks of rest before working out, is that too much or not enough ?

19 hours ago, tsuk said:

Hey guys

Tomorow is the last session before artist goes in vacation for a month 

How long do you usually wait before working out after a tattoo ?

Artist said the longer the better, i m looking at 2 weeks of rest before working out, is that too much or not enough ?

That's an unnecessarily long time. I usually wait a few days. I do CrossFit, so if it is in a spot that will be on the ground when I do burpees or something, I wrap it up.

hey, thanks a lot

talked to the artist and he talked about a week actually so that's good news!

We just did part of the pec today and finished the shoulder, i'll post pics later. A bit disapointed we really didnt do much today, but the pain on pec was intolerable honestly so artist had to be a bit slower than usual

Ill share my experience as far as healing went :

went the exact same way for the 4 sessions

scabbing from day 2 to day 5

then a bit of peeling

looks "healed" a week after, still a bit blurry, then it improves over time

i washed twice a day and applied lotion after showering

some color part didnt hold that good and some really healed perfectly

the black traits held perfectly fine appart from 4 small lines for some reason : P

Nothing a touch up cant correct i m sure

I ll post a pic in 2 weeks of the whole thing

Take care

Edited by tsuk