Got my first tattoo cover up

janrose

Hi, Guys, so i just a got a cover up 3 weeks ago, i'm feeling kinda weird .. anxious and to be honest depressed.. cause i can't get used to it still, i freaked out the day after .. and i can't stop obsessing about it.. it's all i think 24/7 ... you see, this is my second tattoo .. feels like the first cause it's a cover up .. the past one i had it for 9 years it was misspelled the (tattoo artist fucked up) i was so depressed about that for very long time even had one laser treatment but didnt see any good results so i quit..... i dont wanna admit i regret it .. cause i feel so confuse, it's just i think "omg is it to big?" does it look good on me?" i just find it new errors everytime i look at it... and i don't wanna feel this way, but sadly it's how i feel .. just wanted to talk about it with someone .. cause i can't with friends cause i feel embarresed.

PLEASE, IF YOU DONT HAVE NICE THINGS TO SAY.. DONT SAY ANYTHING PLEASE, CAUSE I ALREADY FEEL LIKE SHIT .. NO NEED TO MAKE ME FEEL WORST.

i'm so down that i have even consider suicide 😞

Edited by janrose

7 hours ago, tsuk said:

Hey that looks awsome from where I stand

What are the details you re not satisfied with ?

well the leaves .. i can't stop thinking "maybe it would look a lot better wiithout them" and also when i raised my arm the rose looks kinda deformed ... and i think it's so big..the tattoo artist said it would had to be this size cause it's a cover up.. but i keep thinking that maybe that wasnt the true.. i don't know....

Roses have leaves. I have about a dozen different roses on my body and they all have leaves. Guarantee you that a rose tattoo without leaves would look unfinished. 

Don't worry about what it looks like when you raise your arm. Seriously, a tattoo is on a living, bendy, moving part of your body. 

And my motto, go big or go home. It's a great size and you can't tell that it is a coverup which is the primary thing. Your artist was right.

I know this is hard but you need to try to get out of your head. It's a good tattoo!

22 minutes ago, Gingerninja said:

Roses have leaves. I have about a dozen different roses on my body and they all have leaves. Guarantee you that a rose tattoo without leaves would look unfinished. 

Don't worry about what it looks like when you raise your arm. Seriously, a tattoo is on a living, bendy, moving part of your body. 

And my motto, go big or go home. It's a great size and you can't tell that it is a coverup which is the primary thing. Your artist was right.

I know this is hard but you need to try to get out of your head. It's a good tattoo!

"I know this is hard but you need to try to get out of your head. It's a good tattoo!" what is hard?

Thanks for your comments.. they do help me, maybe i'm just overreacting right? it's just that im so picky .. and also i'm very obsessive... i have read that a lot of people go trough this after a tattoo.. cause it's a big commitment..

Hi there. First of all I think you have a very nice tattoo.
I can very much relate to the feelings you're going through as my mind went crazy when I had my back piece done a little more than a year ago. I was obsessed with it. It felt like it wasn't part of my body and I wanted it gone.
It took some time to get used to it and to accept it as part of me. My tattoo wasn't just an impulse decision, yet it felt like something too big, too dark, too weird on my body, I felt like i let down my family and kids and that I'm a freak.
Well, now, quite some time later I can tell you I got used to it and I like my tattoo very very much and I'm back to being me, the strong, confident me.  Give it time. If you feel weird right now it's ok. You'll be better! Don't be hard on yourself and keep living your normal life :-).

Edited by Carmelita

2 hours ago, Carmelita said:

Hi there. First of all I think you have a very nice tattoo.
I can very much relate to the feelings you're going through as my mind went crazy when I had my back piece done a little more than a year ago. I was obsessed with it. It felt like it wasn't part of my body and I wanted it gone.
It took some time to get used to it and to accept it as part of me. My tattoo wasn't just an impulse decision, yet it felt like something too big, too dark, too weird on my body, I felt like i let down my family and kids and that I'm a freak.
Well, now, quite some time later I can tell you I got used to it and I like my tattoo very very much and I'm back to being me, the strong, confident me.  Give it time. If you feel weird right now it's ok. You'll be better! Don't be hard on yourself and keep living your normal life :-).

Hi, and thanks, reading all these comments it's the only thing that makes me feel a bit better right now.. i just wish i could turn back time ...

can i see your tattoo?

1 hour ago, janrose said:

Hi, and thanks, reading all these comments it's the only thing that makes me feel a bit better right now.. i just wish i could turn back time ...

can i see your tattoo?

Search the group. She posted it here. 🙂

Quit worrying. It's a nice rose. Maybe don't get any more tattoos for a while. 😉

Edited by oboogie

I understand if you still keep worrying and overreacting and you know what? It's ok. I've been there. It wasn't really an easy time but it will pass. In this past year I've spoke to many who went through exactly the same. That feeling you have seems to be a very common thing. And what I can tell you as well is, that all of them came to peace with their tattoo. 
I think for some it takes time to get used to something on their body which hasn't been there before. It needs to settle in your mind. You're not the first one going through this and you also won't be the last one. 
I think it's something really nice to have. Try to turn your thoughts in to something positive. You have to stop blaming yourself.
And yes, if you go search the group you will find mine and also how I felt. I'm really fine now ;-) and it's nothing that's going to stop me from living my life. Not at all. I'm proud to have it and so should you!

Edited by Carmelita

42 minutes ago, Carmelita said:

I understand if you still keep worrying and overreacting and you know what? It's ok. I've been there. It wasn't really an easy time but it will pass. In this past year I've spoke to many who went through exactly the same. That feeling you have seems to be a very common thing. And what I can tell you as well is, that all of them came to peace with their tattoo. 
I think for some it takes time to get used to something on there body which hasn't been there before. It needs to settle in your mind. You're not the first one going through this and you also won't be the last one. 
I think it's something really nice to have. Try to turn your thoughts in to something positive. You have to stop blaming yourself.
And yes, if go search the group and you will find it and also how I felt. I'm really fine now 😉 and it's nothing that's going to stop me from living my life. Not at all. I'm proud to have it and so should you!

Thanks for your words it's really nice having someone that knows how i feel cause you went trough the same  .. i'm feeling extremly paranoic ... i'm just thinking "how could I do this to myself?" first all the pain when i got it,cause it hurt like hell! i've never experienced so much pain in my life! then going trough this depression right now! ... i do blame myself .. but i know is bad thinking ... hope we can continue talking.. i think thats what i need right now .

o

1 hour ago, oboogie said:

You might need to talk to a counselor or something. This is not normal behavior. See your doctor.

We just like tattoos. We can’t help you with mental health issues if you are still obsessing over it.

ok

• 2 weeks later...

It looks great,really it does.I got my first tattoo on my chest.I went to a small shop the tattooer had great traditional tattoos so I figured he could do what I wanted.I was wrong.I hated the experience,the atmosphere,everything about getting tattooed.And....I got a very bad tattoo.It bothered the heck out of me until I learned that there were good tattooers.I booked with one and started getting great tattoos.I have a bunch now and the first one doesn't bother me at all anymore.

45 minutes ago, Michaelshane said:

It looks great,really it does.I got my first tattoo on my chest.I went to a small shop the tattooer had great traditional tattoos so I figured he could do what I wanted.I was wrong.I hated the experience,the atmosphere,everything about getting tattooed.And....I got a very bad tattoo.It bothered the heck out of me until I learned that there were good tattooers.I booked with one and started getting great tattoos.I have a bunch now and the first one doesn't bother me at all anymore.

Hi,thanks!

Edited by janrose