Working out with tattoo?

collagenfibre

So the tattoo I have is a fairly small-med size on my sternum and currently I have a saniderm on and taking a week's rest and my artist said I could take it off after 4 days.  I was thinking when I go back  because I wear a sports bra. Do I put tegaderm back on just in case? Or by a week it's okay to leave it. Same question for my rib tattoo which got a touch up before I got my sternum. Do I put tegaderm on for the week that I start the gym or its fine for a sports bra and sweating now. A little more context I do mostly weights and functional workouts.

Edited by collagenfibre
add on

1 hour ago, collagenfibre said:

So the tattoo I have is a fairly small-med size on my sternum and currently I have a saniderm on and taking a week's rest and my artist said I could take it off after 4 days.  I was thinking when I go back  because I wear a sports bra. Do I put tegaderm back on just in case? Or by a week it's okay to leave it. Same question for my rib tattoo which got a touch up before I got my sternum. Do I put tegaderm on for the week that I start the gym or its fine for a sports bra and sweating now. A little more context I do mostly weights and functional workouts.

after 4 or 5 days,especially under the saniderm,it will be fine,just start using a little bit of a good lotion like Aveeno a few times a day,

you don't need to reapply saniderm or tegaderm after the first 4 days of the saniderm.

just keep it clean and aveeno and keep it out of the sun,

if your sports bra starts hurting then wear a looser fitting bra or no bra for a couple days.

working out is ok if you don't hit the tattoo,

but IMO working out can wait a week more.