Opinions

Haleigh

This post is just for fun. I would like to complete my initiation and hang around so I'm posting whatever comes to mind. What are your thoughts on eyeball tattoos and blackout tattoos? I personally wouldn't get my eyes tattooed, they come with extremely high risks and are extremely dangerous. But I have seen them compliment some badass tattoos. Black out tattoos on the other hand, I know of them but I have never seen a finished project. My boyfriend's artist is in the process of doing his whole arm, I'm extremely eager to see what he does with it. I think the idea of them is pretty sweet, however it's a pretty high steep because once you do it there is no going back. 😝😝😝

Ummm... nope and nope.  Your eyes are just way too precious to take any chance with something like that.  Besides, the appearance just creeps me the hell out.  To me, some of the main reasons for getting tattoos is the the art, beauty and the individualism and blackout tattoos has none of that.  I of course don't care if others get them, but just find no appeal in them.

Eyeball tattoos are a gimmick, the risk of permanent damage to your eyesight is not worth the aesthetic IMO. Get some cheap coloured contacts if you want the hallowe'en-psycho look ... 

Blackout tattoos are great if you want that specific look and/or want a fresh start over some old ink. I've seen (healed) white over blackout work quite well, but I've also seen examples where the white doesn't quite pop (ie dependent on tattooists skill and how much scarring from covered tattoos below). To each their own, I am starting to enjoy abstract tattoos but the "brutal-blackout" look is a bit crude to me. Creatively I think there are more interesting ways to approach layers, blastovers and coverups...but hey express yourself however you choose. cheers

I don’t feel like I’ve really considered eye tattoos to really be... tattoos. It seems more like a body modification in the way piercings and such would be. People can do whatever they want, but if I had a friend who expressed serious interest in that I would try very hard to convince them otherwise. Your eyes are so sensitive, I don’t know how cool a modification could be if it could irreversibly damage your eyesight.

Black out tattoos on the other hand- I don’t know! I feel like I’ve seem some really cool photos of people when them. I do wonder how much those photos are staged to look Instagram perfect vs. the difficulty of actually getting on and having to get it touched up in places it may have healed patchy. I’d personally be sad to do it, because I really like the illustrative aspect of tattoos that’s always been the appeal of it for me!