Cleaning Tattoo

VenomX

Ive had about 7 tattoos all of which I pour warm soapy water, gently rub it around and then cold water ( with my hands, not a direct stream )

I then dry it with a towel and have never had any problems doing this but read it's best to use fresh kitchen/toilet paper.

Then after, apply the scent free lotion.

So my question is, do i have to use fresh kitchen/toilet paper or is a clean towel ok ? I keep one towel specifically for my tattoo cleaning, i dont mix my other towels with them

The other thing i could do is, wash it as described above, and then let the air to it so it dries naturally.

tanks

Edited by VenomX

27 minutes ago, JAC1961 said:

I just use a couple paper towels to gently pat, not rub, it dry after washing. Keeping it as germ free as possible is the goal. It's an open wound and should be as clean as possible.

Ok thanks !

My only concern with that is paper towels might leave residue and stick to the tattoo ?

Just spoke to my artist he said  paper towels or normal towels are fine providing they are clean and dry.

Just bought myself some expensive high quality kitchen roll so should do the trick

Edited by VenomX

The good quality paper towels won't stick. You only need to be more vigilant until your tattoo is no longer an open wound, a week or two, so why not play it safe and use something that won't harbor germs (I can't imagine a damp reused towel is the most hygienic option).