New

jugularsmile602

Hey everyone. I am new to this forum and i am excited to chat with everyone. As of today i have 3 tattoos however i am slightly concerned with my most recent one. I got one section filled in and the scabbing is quite extreme im hoping it will be fine but i am still slightly worried. Anyways ill post a picture in a bit to get some advice in a bit.

2 hours ago, jugularsmile602 said:

So i talked with a tattoo artist because there was a few bits of pus. He said with solid colour and over moisterizing can cause some pus to leak. It the pus gets worst over the next week then i should be worried other wise it will heal fine

Mine is already a lot better if that can be of any help, looked like yours for 2 days but its scabbing a lot less if at all

5 hours ago, tsuk said:

I meant could you explain why its not good 

I'm not trying to beat you up, but seriously, if you can't look at that and tell the problems, you need to look at a lot of good tattoos and figure out what makes a good one before you get another one. Top three reasons that the tattoo is awful - the lines lines are shaky, the design is extremely uneven, and the skin looks like hamburger. I'm sorry, but it's just a really bad tattoo.

Oops, lost track of who's tattoo it was.

Edited by Hogrider

1 hour ago, Hogrider said:

I'm not trying to beat you up, but seriously, if you can't look at that and tell the problems, you need to look at a lot of good tattoos and figure out what makes a good one before you get another one. Top three reasons that the tattoo is awful - the lines lines are shaky, the design is extremely uneven, and the skin looks like hamburger. I'm sorry, but it's just a really bad tattoo.

Oops, lost track of who's tattoo it was.

Thanks for answering, main reason i m here is to learn what makes a tattoo good or bad before i get my next one : p

1 hour ago, jugularsmile602 said:

I honestly dont care about how good or bad it is. I like it thats all that matteres. I was only asking about the scabbing which appeared abnormally thick 

That’s because it’s poorly tattooed. That’s what we’re trying to tell you.

Jugular, it looks like your artist was very heavy handed and went into too deep with the needle. That's why it looks like there is a lot of thick, uneven scabbing on your skin. After it completely heals and you run your fingers over the skin, you may find some areas slightly raised and some splotchy coloring. That is the result of scar tissue. 

This happened to my very first tattoo I got when I was 18. That tattoo shop is no longer in business (surprise, surprise).

Maybe the newbies should remember the stated purpose of this website. "The mission of this website is to help preserve the craft of GOOD tattooing and to serve as an educational resource for those who want to learn the difference between good and bad tattoos."

In some cases that means telling people what they DON'T want to hear.