Tattoo advice needed

JSparrow

Hi all,

I got my first (and only) tattoo whilst traveling New Zealand a few years ago. Although I was in love with  it at the time , I've recently been contemplating the idea of turning the whole upper arm into a sleeve, as I think it looks Abit random in the middle of the arm.

I'm a big nature and outdoors lover, so that was the inspiration when I got it. Plus I was in middle Earth , so what better time to get it .

So my question is how could I turn my tat into a sleeve without it looking bad. I don't want to cover up any of the existing tattoo , because I still love it, but rather fill the whole upper arm , so the diamonds sort of like the center piece of the sleeve.

Also, do you think this is a good tattoo for a guy? 

Perhaps I'm just over thinking it , but I am Keen to get more tattoos anyway, so if anyone has any ideas how to turn this into a cool looking sleeve ,  from shoulder to elbow , please feel free to share 🙂

Screenshot_20190729-151007.thumb.png.4ae9306182ea106d8d2e13757fa6a9d5.png

Edited by JSparrow
Too long

Turning your current work into a full-blown coherent sleeve is possible - the real quest will be to find the right artist. IMHO the current work has too many objects in a small space - so you're going to have to open to some re-work or even cover work if you want a quality outcome. 

Where are you located?

45 minutes ago, SStu said:

Turning your current work into a full-blown coherent sleeve is possible - the real quest will be to find the right artist. IMHO the current work has too many objects in a small space - so you're going to have to open to some re-work or even cover work if you want a quality outcome. 

Where are you located?

Yeah that was my worry as well, finding an artist with the same style etc. I am in Nottingham, England, and the city centre isn't short of tattoo parlors, so will have to find the perfect one. And yeah I'm open to cover work, I was thinking about getting the areas next to the river just shaded in completely , and the part under the trees as well

47 minutes ago, Loveitwhentheyrun said:

Just put more of a landscape around it, fill in the whole upper arm so you can’t see the diamond shape and make it one big landscape scene. It is not a bad tat people probably give you funny looks because a lot of times girls get the diamond shape landscapes. 

Yeah that was my worry, that it perhaps looks too feminine.

I think I need to speak to an artist because I'm struggling to think of ways to fill the area , especially above the sun, since the borders of the diamond make it abit awkward to expand what's already there

3 hours ago, JSparrow said:

Thanks for the advice guys! I think my problem was I let the artist kinda run with it after I gave him the initial idea, and he added in all the extra little details 

Happens. I didn’t like my first tattoo either after a few years. What’s good about yours is there’s still plenty of ways you can make it cool. You could do stars/space above the sun and just expand the landscape a little bit to the sides. The more money you spend the better it will look...generally. Look for a reputable shop they will turn this baby out! I would add color too just my opinion