Obligatory question about new tattoo 😅

UncleDeath

Hey everyone! First time posting but won’t be the last!

I was curious if anyone here might have an idea what I might have happening on my new tattoo-

It’s about two and a half weeks old now, but all the areas colored with red are really textured. It feels kinda like the skin is leathery (I hesitate to say scaly). There isn’t any issues with it being raised or painful (though it was much more tender than any of the other parts of the tattoo for much longer)

When it was fresh it burned quite a bit, and it looked exceptionally raw compared to any of the other areas of the tattoo. In the next few days it looked like there were uniform white spots/bumps formed under those areas, which thankfully have now faded. I would have chalked this up to be being a fresh tattoo, but the rest of the ink didn’t feel that way.

It’s not my first tattoo- but I’ve never had a, reaction? Like this before. I have red ink in my other tattoos, so I wasn’t sure if this was maybe a mild allergic reaction to a different brand of ink? Every place I could search online only talked about or showed super major skin reactions / scaring / infections so I really haven been able to guess what did, is, happening exactly.

I'm not as freaked out about it now as I was before. That’s come and gone, and it doesn’t appear the tattoo is damaged at all which was my biggest concern haha. Just wanted to see if anyone had any guesses what might have happened or had similar experiences. If this is something sounds like it should go away over time, if theres something I should do to remedy it, or maybe if I should have any concerns about.

Edited by UncleDeath
Spelling