New Tattoo healing process. Need opinions.

Rj11

Hello everyone and hope you're all doing well.

Well, last Friday I got a side hand tattoo. It started to peel off but please see the attached pictures and tell me what the problem is as it doesn't look as it should in my opinion. Something doesn't seem right.

I contacted the tattoo artist and he said that he warned me about the place and that's how the tattoo would turn out - but also advised after healing to go there so that he could correct it. That got me confused.

After all, I don't think a tattoo should fade like this in almost a week.

1st image - Tattoo before it started peeling/healing.
2nd Image - How the tattoo looks right now.

3rd image - that corner worries me if the whole tattoo will turn out as that corner.

Thanks so much and i'd gladly hear opinions or someone that has advise/experience of what to do.

Have a great day.

67883664_381114892591643_8177126163987038208_n.jpg

67883336_660449031136973_7505999247238496256_n.jpg

67579704_2308702449381537_5176948738723151872_n.jpg

2 hours ago, Rj11 said:

Hello everyone and hope you're all doing well.

Well, last Friday I got a side hand tattoo. It started to peel off but please see the attached pictures and tell me what the problem is as it doesn't look as it should in my opinion. Something doesn't seem right.

I contacted the tattoo artist and he said that he warned me about the place and that's how the tattoo would turn out - but also advised after healing to go there so that he could correct it. That got me confused.

After all, I don't think a tattoo should fade like this in almost a week.

1st image - Tattoo before it started peeling/healing.
2nd Image - How the tattoo looks right now.

3rd image - that corner worries me if the whole tattoo will turn out as that corner.

Thanks so much and i'd gladly hear opinions or someone that has advise/experience of what to do.

Have a great day.

the little corner you circled is the least of your worries,most of that tattoo will fall out in time.

1 hour ago, Rj11 said:

@Dan what do you mean by that and why do you have that opinion?
Is it bad positioning of the tattoo or?

Thanks for your reply. 

it means that palm skin(which is half that tattoo) does not hold ink very well, fall out means it will fade away,

I have that opinion because,

I know from personal experience, many years of being tattooed, like 35+ years,

seeing other peoples hand tattoos over the years,

reading and viewing online tattoo forums like these,

and just generally being involved with tattooed people, the  tattoo life style, attending many tattoo conventions, talking to other tattooed people,

LOL

@JAC1961

Thanks for sharing your opinion!

Will redoing the tattoo in a few years affect the actual tattoo or it can get as good as it could be? 

Strictly, is there any bad consequences that could happen if I redo the tattoo when it’s needed or in bad shape as you said?

tattoos don't just fade. they also spread out or migrate a little, especially near the palms and fingers. Down the road you can certainly get it reworked but it will  then need to have thicker lines - and then those will in time fade and spread out a bit more . . .