First Tattoo Aftercare

CA2VA2CA

Hello I just got my first tattoo on the back of my neck yesterday. My tattooist  placed a Sani-Derm patch on it and said to leave it on for 4-5 days. It’s a small semicolon and today it looks as if the circle at the top is leaking down into the comma part. Having no tattoo experience whatsoever, I wanted to make sure this is normal. Is it just excess ink? I haven’t taken the patch off yet. I went to a highly reputable tattoo shop and am set to fly back cross country in a few days and want to make sure everything is ok. Thank you!

Edited by CA2VA2CA

1 hour ago, CA2VA2CA said:

Hello I just got my first tattoo on the back of my neck yesterday. My tattooist  placed a Sani-Derm patch on it and said to leave it on for 4-5 days. It’s a small semicolon and today it looks as if the circle at the top is leaking down into the comma part. Having no tattoo experience whatsoever, I wanted to make sure this is normal. Is it just excess ink? I haven’t taken the patch off yet. I went to a highly reputable tattoo shop and am set to fly back cross country in a few days and want to make sure everything is ok. Thank you!

hell ,for a tiny tattoo like that you probably didn't even need the saniderm,

take  off the saniderm , wash it a couple times  a day, and put a very light coat of aveeno on it.

done !

Edited by Dan