Getting my first tattoo in Vegas

FirstTimeTattoo2000

Which price are you talking about? They're really pretty close to the same. Remember, one artist looks at a reference and sees one thing and another sees something different... probably neither exactly what you're envisioning. Their styles can make a big difference too.

My attitude with price is pay what they ask or move on to a different artist.

900 clams for a 6 in tattoo seems reasonable, but your top priority in this should be choosing an artist whose portfolio you love. If you love the artist's whose work costs you 190x4 hrs and you trust them, then you go with that person.

I can't imagine getting a sleeve for in the 900-1500 range; that's insane: insanely low and would be insanely low quality.

The point is you're not shopping for a block of cheese. Tattoos and all services by an artist don't follow standard pricing formulas. Comparing apples to apples is very difficult. Artists can ask as much as they can get for there work, a higher price gives them a better rep. Location makes a difference too. I'd think Vegas prices would be a high price area just based on the fact people are going to get them on vacation or possibly aren't thinking clearly. 🙄

1 hour ago, FirstTimeTattoo2000 said:

I’m talking about the price in Vegas. I’ve been reading around posts here and some people are getting sleeves for around $900-$1500 range? 

This is my first time getting a tattoo so not sure what to expect. If $900 for a 6 inch tattoo is reasonable that’s fine with me. 

1) there is no way in hell to get a "sleeve" of any quality for 900-$1500, maybe a 1/4 sleeve ? 

2) and just because a shop is " most popular tattoo shop in Vegas"  doesn't mean it has the best artists, probably has fast street tattooers,and popular vegas shops IMO are probably overpriced.

3) lastly but most important,is >>>>>>>

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.JPG

Edited by Dan

2 hours ago, Dan said:

1) there is no way in hell to get a "sleeve" of any quality for 900-$1500, maybe a 1/4 sleeve ? 

2) and just because a shop is " most popular tattoo shop in Vegas"  doesn't mean it has the best artists, probably has fast street tattooers,and popular vegas shops IMO are probably overpriced.

3) lastly but most important,is >>>>>>>

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.JPG

Hi,

Sorry by sleeve I meant 1/4 or 1/3 sleeve! If the price doesn’t sound to outrageous than I am perfectly fine with it. I just don’t want to be felt that I am being ripped off. 

9 hours ago, FirstTimeTattoo2000 said:

Hi,

Sorry by sleeve I meant 1/4 or 1/3 sleeve! If the price doesn’t sound to outrageous than I am perfectly fine with it. I just don’t want to be felt that I am being ripped off. 

ripped off ? well,do your homework on artists.

Edited by Dan

15 hours ago, FirstTimeTattoo2000 said:

Hi,

If you are happy with the tattoo you aren't getting ripped off. Artists charge what they charge. If you don't like the price, find someone else.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

it was probably my reply,it was maybe to extreme,

after a few beers I tend to be a little hard on the newbies.

I don't think it was extreme.  I hate these "price" questions.  This isn't a mid-eastern bazaar. You're talking about getting something permanently inked onto your skin. Quality tattoos aren't cheap.