Specific colour not settling?

Runningriver

Hi!

My thigh tattoo is 10 weeks old. No issues with healing, normal peeling, no scabbing. Except for the light blue color... it looks cracked , raised and just not settled at all. Everything else (black and grey, purple, dark blue) is super smooth and looks like normal skin.

The application was no different than previous tattoos in terms of pain or bleeding.

Is this a reaction to the color? Overworked (although wouldn't that be weird for only those specific areas to be overworked)? Normal? 

I'm moisturizing once a day. No sun exposure.

Thank you for your input.

20190717_180236.jpg

7 hours ago, Hogrider said:

I had this same thing happen with purple. It took about a year to settle in. 10 years later it doesn't look any different than any of my other tattoos.

Thank you, Hogrider. My tattoo artist suggested it may take a good long while too, but this is reassurance that it should eventually look ok. I appreciate your comment.

1 hour ago, Runningriver said:

Thank you, Hogrider. My tattoo artist suggested it may take a good long while too, but this is reassurance that it should eventually look ok. I appreciate your comment.

No problem. It's the only color I've ever had a problem with. I've had other purple since with no issues.

• 1 year later...