New Tat Question

Socrates

I got  a new tat.  I love it but something about it is bothering me.  Is it a new thing for artists to tag their work with their initials? I now have an artists initials on my body forever.  It is in the only part of the tat I can see when wearing a sleeved shirt.  It is driving me crazy.  Am I wrong? 

20190804_200612.jpg

Edited by Socrates
Title updats

No it wasn't and it was placed in the most visual place for me to see.   95% of my tat is covered by a short sleeve shirt.  the 5% that hangs out looks neat.  then there are the initials that are on the inside of my elbow in an off color right in front of my face.  I a debating asking him to cover them.   I don't want to offend him, but I don't even have my wife's initials on my body after 12 years.  Everyone that asks I tell them where I got it, I gave it a great review online.  I am just torn. 

most tattoo artists don't care of the clients they're so self absorbed they think they're like "Gods" and do whatever they want to  .. that's what i have experienced with 2 ..  i love tattoos but for the bad experienced i had i'm not planning on getting anymore ...

12 minutes ago, janrose said:

most tattoo artists don't care of the clients they're so self absorbed they think they're like "Gods" and do whatever they want to  ..

Wow, it really sucks that you've had such poor experiences. The 3 that I've been tattooed by have all been great. Please keep an open mind and don't let a few ruin it for you. There's always a couple bad apples in any group.

2 hours ago, janrose said:

most tattoo artists don't care of the clients they're so self absorbed they think they're like "Gods" and do whatever they want to  .. that's what i have experienced with 2 ..  i love tattoos but for the bad experienced i had i'm not planning on getting anymore ...

That's not true of "most" tattoo artists. I'm sorry you had a bad experience or two, but that's not remotely true.

To the OP, that is shitty and uncool. I'd be so effing pissed.

Edited by oboogie

I personnaly wouldnt mind about having the tattoo s autor initials on me, even tho hes pretty unknown, actually considered about asking him to do it

I would be pissed off to no limits should an artist do it without my consent tho 

Wow, I think that’s insane he had the gall to pull that. That’s definitely not cool especially if you didn’t know about it. The dude SHOULD fix that with no charge. If he gets offended that’s on him- he’s definitely  in the wrong here 

I supposed there’s always the legal route too 

Edited by UncleDeath
Spelling

Thanks for the negative description... It says IN god we Trust.  The initials are on the inside of my elbow. I did not snap a pic of his initials specifically. 

I am not trying to belittle his work he did an amazing job.  After reviewing everyone's input on here, I brought it up to him, and he has no problem fixing it when it is healed. 

1 hour ago, Socrates said:

Thanks for the negative description... It says IN god we Trust.  The initials are on the inside of my elbow. I did not snap a pic of his initials specifically. 

I am not trying to belittle his work he did an amazing job.  After reviewing everyone's input on here, I brought it up to him, and he has no problem fixing it when it is healed. 

so let's see a pic of the initials. doubtful that anyone would figure out who it is by some initials.  

Edited by Dan

I really don’t think 2 tattoos justifies you saying “most tattoo artists” I have a lot more than 2 tattoos and have been around multiple shops and artists and my experiences have been the complete opposite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, snyderju89 said:

I really don’t think 2 tattoos justifies you saying “most tattoo artists” I have a lot more than 2 tattoos and have been around multiple shops and artists and my experiences have been the complete opposite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

well.. i also said it cause of this topic, the guy didnt even said he was going to ink his initials .. so? yeah that's why i said most, also ive seen a lot of videos on youtube of tattoo artists and thats what they say that they get annoying by clients that are so picky..

also ive seen a lot of videos on youtube of tattoo artists and thats what they say that they get annoying by clients that are so picky..

Oh sorry, I didn’t realize you’ve also watched a lot of YouTube videos about tattoos. You’re clearly more experienced than I thought. Again, 2 tattoos and some YouTube videos is not much to base such a generalization on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, janrose said:

well.. i also said it cause of this topic, the guy didnt even said he was going to ink his initials .. so? yeah that's why i said most, also ive seen a lot of videos on youtube of tattoo artists and thats what they say that they get annoying by clients that are so picky..

Yeah, no. You still don't know what you are talking about. Sorry, but don't make generalizations. They aren't helpful, and they are baseless.

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2019 at 2:51 PM, snyderju89 said:

Oh sorry, I didn’t realize you’ve also watched a lot of YouTube videos about tattoos. You’re clearly more experienced than I thought. Again, 2 tattoos and some YouTube videos is not much to base such a generalization on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok..my bad.. sorry

Edited by janrose