Advice needed on HEAVY scabbing

Forty6and2

Hello!

Got some work done on my sleeve 10 days ago and am experiencing heavy scabbing, especially on my forearm. I went to a shop nearby to ask their opinion and they said I need to start saving my skin and not worry about saving the tattoo and recommended neosporin. Heres a pic the day it was done and another pic from yesterday. What should I be doing? My artists said ts obviously going to need to be gone over again, but I'm freaking out over scaring. I've been washing it 3 times a day and applying very little lubriderm nonscented lotion. Pretty much letting it dry heal for the most part. Any input is much appreciated. Thanks

Screenshot_20190802-202640_Messages.jpg

20190813_153307.jpg

20190814_144801.jpg

Edited by Forty6and2

6 minutes ago, Gingerninja said:

Hey - have you contacted the artist? I'd check in with him/her. I don'y know about the neosporin - is it infected or just really scabbed?

Last week artist said to use some Bactine because it was super red and swollen. I only used it a couple times. Few days later he said to start using aquaphor on it. Couple days ago he said to use less ointment. So Ive been pretty much just dry healing since 2 days ago. It's not infected, as far as I know. Doesn't really hurt and isn't hot or anything. I think it's just severely scabbed. I'm mostly worried about heavy scaring to the point where it would be very difficult to touch up. Is that possible?

I went to a local shop near me for advice because I went out of state for the tattoo and can't physically go in the shop. I've been texting the artist though. But I wanted someone to see it in person, so thats the main reason why I went to a different shop for an opinion.

Edited by Forty6and2

• 3 weeks later...

It's been 5 weeks since this session and I want to post an update pic from today. As you can see, it's still really red but it doesn't hurt or anything. It's also smooth and not raised at all. But it looks weird. It will be SUPER red sometimes and just mild red other times. You can also see my pores for some reason? It looks like scar tissue, but I'm not sure. Also some weird crease looking lines. Do you think this is permanent or just wait and see?

20190904_161049.jpg