Longivity ?

Longonut

Hi all,

I need some help with the longivity of different styles !

I am deciding between a sleeve in a japanese style (se picture) and something more american traditionl pic 2 and 3 (roses, birds, snakes etc.). Now, tattoos will become blurry and fade over time, but do you think this japanese style (with fine lines, details etc.) will still look good in say 10 - 20 years (avoiding sun, taking care of it etc.).

Thanks a lot guys :)

baby.jpg

sCsz-Vry3V-xwJMYeeEq204RanNapkb9Xxy2DNWhMN8.jpg

Black-Ink-Snake-With-Rose-Tattoo-On-Left-Leg.jpg

I believe it has more to do with the artist than the style. Someone with good technique can do any style and make it last. Still, I would think a fine line tattoo would look aged sooner than a bold American traditional or Asian. Bold colors, thick lines, etc.

And all tattoos fade eventually.

Thanks for the replys ! yes, it is very different from other asian tattoos, I would not get this exact one, but something in that style, I like the mystic of it. I like that it is not like all the other Japanese tattoos ! I would make the images in mine more readable though. 

So you think this style would become blurry fast ? even if it's a good artist ? 

Kind reg 

44 minutes ago, Longonut said:

Thanks for the replys ! yes, it is very different from other asian tattoos, I would not get this exact one, but something in that style, I like the mystic of it. I like that it is not like all the other Japanese tattoos ! I would make the images in mine more readable though. 

So you think this style would become blurry fast ? even if it's a good artist ? 

Kind reg 

Well, it looks blurry and unreadable on that guy's arm already. I'd go for something with more open skin. But it'll be up to the artist.

7 minutes ago, Hogrider said:

Rather than deciding on a STYLE based on longevity, get the style you want and then a DESIGN that will last. I've seen some American traditional pieces that look like a hot mess.

That I will take to heart, great idea !! Thanks a lot 🙂

6 minutes ago, Gingerninja said:

BTW, Zanctuary is a site of temporary tattoos. Most cost $14.00. My advice - research real tattoos and plan to spend a lot more than $14.00.

I know, already bought this and tried it on and I like it. 

As I've said, I will not be getting this exact tattoo. I like the style. 

On 8/17/2019 at 6:42 AM, Longonut said:

I know, already bought this and tried it on and I like it. 

As I've said, I will not be getting this exact tattoo. I like the style. 

But it is not really a "'style." It is just a muddy temporary tattoo. Go to a real tattoo artist and talk to them.

On 8/16/2019 at 6:25 AM, Longonut said:

Hi all,

I need some help with the longivity of different styles !

I am deciding between a sleeve in a japanese style (se picture) and something more american traditionl pic 2 and 3 (roses, birds, snakes etc.). Now, tattoos will become blurry and fade over time, but do you think this japanese style (with fine lines, details etc.) will still look good in say 10 - 20 years (avoiding sun, taking care of it etc.).

Thanks a lot guys 🙂

baby.jpg

this example (in a real tattoo) would not wear well,it will be a muddled  black blob in 2 years,

"bold will hold"

like this on my thigh and on the back of my neck,

bold well saturated colors and blacks,and solid well defined  bold outlines, that's what has longevity.

16_12_04_9999_5.JPG

22553338_10207815336060625_3850478601378514297_o.jpg

Edited by Dan