Question about tattoo+PC gaming

wasd123

So I recently got a tattoo on my inner right forearm, and I am a pretty big PC gamer, playing many hours a day. I tend to drag my arm over my mouse pad for mouse movements, and am worried about how it will affect my tattoo? Should I worry? I am thinking of buying an arm sleeve later on when my tattoo fully heals to prevent the direct contact between the tattoo and mousepad. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Hey Wsda!

First of all congrats on your new tattoo! What did you end up getting?

Second, friction can affect a tattoo overtime. That's why things like finger, palm, and sometimes ankle can feet tattoo are prone to fading much more quickly. There will be a lot of things that can cause your tattoo to fade, and no matter what it will fade with age. I don't think the arm sleeve would hurt it any more, but I wouldn't obsess with it too much. Just take care of it, keep it and your self hydrated and moisturized, and remember you can always get it touched up in the years to come!

1 hour ago, UncleDeath said:

Hey Wsda!

First of all congrats on your new tattoo! What did you end up getting?

Second, friction can affect a tattoo overtime. That's why things like finger, palm, and sometimes ankle can feet tattoo are prone to fading much more quickly. There will be a lot of things that can cause your tattoo to fade, and no matter what it will fade with age. I don't think the arm sleeve would hurt it any more, but I wouldn't obsess with it too much. Just take care of it, keep it and your self hydrated and moisturized, and remember you can always get it touched up in the years to come!

wait,what the hell ? LOL other than road rash form a motorcycle accident, I have to disagree 100% with this "friction can affect a tattoo overtime",

the sun and age are the only things that affect a tattoo after it's healed,

"friction" on a tattoo will NEVER affect a tattoo IMO,

palm and bottom of feet tattoos fallout because of the type of skin it is,NOT from friction,

3 hours ago, Dan said:

wait,what the hell ? LOL other than road rash form a motorcycle accident, I have to disagree 100% with this "friction can affect a tattoo overtime",

palm and bottom of feet tattoos fallout because of the type of skin it is,NOT from friction,

This. That was completely absurd advice. 😂

13 hours ago, Dan said:

I wasn't comparing damage cause by being torn up by pavement to typical skin ware and tear. All I'm meaning is if you have an area of skin thats exercising more than others, that kind of movement can factor into how it can age since the cells in your skin would moving, and flexing, and stretching more often. Is that so big of a deal that you should take precaution against day to day ware? Like I said, it's not worth worrying about.

8 hours ago, UncleDeath said:

I wasn't comparing damage cause by being torn up by pavement to typical skin ware and tear. All I'm meaning is if you have an area of skin thats exercising more than others, that kind of movement can factor into how it can age since the cells in your skin would moving, and flexing, and stretching more often. Is that so big of a deal that you should take precaution against day to day ware? Like I said, it's not worth worrying about.

No. Just no.