New tattoo sun exposure

humuhumunukunukuapua'a

I know excessive sun exposure to a new tattoo is bad, but I am starting class tomorrow and we have an open campus so I'll be walking around in direct sunlight with some shade from trees. It's hot af where I live; around 90s, so would wearing shorts with a new leg sleeve tattoo be a bad idea. I tried denim, but my tattoo didn't react well with it and wearing sweatpants in August seems like a bad idea, because I wouldn't want to excessively sweat were my new tattoo is. I just got my tattoo on friday. Would a little bit of sun exposure be okay, just walking from class to class, since it wouldn't be a super long period of time in the sun? About 5-8 mins from class to class. Thanks😬

Edited by humuhumunukunukuapua'a

10 minutes ago, humuhumunukunukuapua'a said:

How long would you guys say is excessive?😬 Hope 5 mins isn’t too long. My campus isn’t really that big but this August heat is hot af.

YOU'LL BE FINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31 minutes ago, humuhumunukunukuapua'a said:

How long would you guys say is excessive?😬 Hope 5 mins isn’t too long. My campus isn’t really that big but this August heat is hot af.

Excessive is not a single exposure, but prolonged exposure over time. Below is a pic of my motorcycle gloves. This is what the sun does to your skin and your tattoo. Top is part of glove that faces the sun; bottom is the part that doesn't. 

gloves2.jpg

Edited by Hogrider