I need help. Cover up.

KingswoodJT

I was hoping to get someone to help me out. So long story short. I did some time in prison. I was involved with a gang and later in life I dropped out. I’m married and I have a baby. Life is great and I’ve been free for almost a year now. This is the only thing I have left tying me to my old life. I really want to cover it up. Problem is idk how difficult it will be to do so. I’m limited on funds. And I have a couple friends who will do it for me but it will be easiest if I come with a design plan and am ready to go. I would appreciate any insight. Thanks for looking. Oh, and it’s the AK that I’m wanting to clean up  

image.jpg

Edited by KingswoodJT

Yeah. I was thinking something like that. But people I’ve talked to are telling me it’s be about impossible. I’ve been told to make it into another work but there aren’t many. Take? Make? Cake? I mean if that’s my last resort so be it. But I’d rather have it covered. Thanks for the reply. I’ll just have to go I. Somewhere and see if someone can pattern something up without killing my wallet. 

51 minutes ago, KingswoodJT said:

Yeah. I was thinking something like that. But people I’ve talked to are telling me it’s be about impossible. I’ve been told to make it into another work but there aren’t many. Take? Make? Cake? I mean if that’s my last resort so be it. But I’d rather have it covered. Thanks for the reply. I’ll just have to go I. Somewhere and see if someone can pattern something up without killing my wallet. 

To get it done well, you are going to have to pay someone good money. It won't be good done on the cheap.

I know. You’re right. I can figure that portion out. I’m just looking for some creative minds to maybe help me with any ideas for a coverup pattern that would work with the negative shading on this tattoo. So I have something to go in with. The artists I know locally are pretty busy. And it’s my thought that if I went in with a pattern or idea that would help get the ball rolling and get it done rather than them have to spend time trying to think of and draw something up that I would like. I do appreciate the feedback. 

yeah, that's why I'd go with huge black and grey angel and devil, one on each side. so it won't like work with the outline but instead cover over everything.

but that's thousands of dollars.... so while you're limited on funds now, maybe it's a matter of saving up.

isn't there a guy in the south that does cover ups on tattoos from former gang members? or am I thinking of white power shit?

good luck man!

yeah, that's why I'd go with huge black and grey angel and devil, one on each side. so it won't like work with the outline but instead cover over everything.
but that's thousands of dollars.... so while you're limited on funds now, maybe it's a matter of saving up.
isn't there a guy in the south that does cover ups on tattoos from former gang members? or am I thinking of white power shit?
good luck man!

Yeah I think you’re thinking of the guy that runs redemption ink. I emailed him my story and never heard anything back. But I like your idea. I’ll run that by a couple shops and see what we come up with. Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, scottyg said:

good luck man!

This is perfect. I love this idea.

It wouldn't be hard to darken both letters and in the process turn the "K" into an "R", and "H" or a "B". That might open up some 4 letter words or acronyms that might resonate with you . . . 

That’s a great idea. I’ll have to get a pen and paper out and mess around. Thanks man. Don’t why I didn’t think of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you could pick some traditional americana type imagery with heavy black emphasis and blast over the past. something like a reaper or eagle or panther head...layout like an oversized belly rocker. it's gonna have to be really big. might need to hit it with laser once or twice to lighten it up. idk dude.  good luck. 

Thanks for the input. And you guys are right. I just need to budget and give myself a few months. I want to make sure it’s quality. I think I’m going to look into the angel and demon theme. Real big and dark. Maybe some color to make it pop. That’s what I came here for. A good idea so I appreciate it. 

7 hours ago, bongsau said:

this is what i mean by black and oversized.

don't be intimidated by the size (ie go big) with respect to your wallet...big hits of chunky black like that go really fast with the right tattooist.67935073_471899136937116_616982164042014

That is so sick. And that would cover my whole chest and stomach. That’s badass

7 hours ago, bongsau said:

i'm not going to pretend i understand post-prison or gang life...but i wish you luck so you can take your kid to the public pool one day and enjoy a normal life. cheers

That’s what it’s all about for me now. And it’s hard for people to understand. Sometimes you feel like you have no choice. They make you feel like you don’t. But you do. Everyone does. Just took me a little longer to figure that out. Like for example. I’m in a town called McCall right now. Nice camping and fishing. My wife is half black. My baby is a quarter. Her dad knows about my past. Knows about the ink. But tomorrow while going swimming I will wear a jersey or something. Because even though they all say it’s okay. I don’t feel comfortable. And I know what everyone’s thinking. A half black wife? I’m not racist. And I’m not a hypocrite. Prison is a different beast. Your white. Your white. That’s another story. Anyway. Thanks a lot for the help.