I think it's time that we start addressing a very important subject- beards.

Do you have one? Do you love a man or woman with a beard? If you're not sure where to start on this very important topic, you could always repurpose some of our tattoo questions and make them beard appropriate:

When did you grow your first beard?

Whose beards have you been influenced by?

Experiences while traveling with beards?

Funniest beard you've seen?

Worst beard you've witnessed?

Beard removal or coverup?

Favorite celebrity beards?

And is it okay for Brad Pitt to braid his beard because he's Brad Pitt?

Appropriating ideas from other beards?

Best beard care?

These questions are just for a jumping off point, please don't feel limited by them. And most importantly, we want pictures!

i grew my first beard in 1996 (as soon as i could). Before that there were a couple incarnations, chops, un beard... I have only shaved completely 3 times since then. my beard and i are best friends and have been for a long time. i will never go back to a non bearded face. l_d14bd6c7cbef4334871bff044b2b1cae.jpg older photo but whatevs. and traveling with beards is hard to relate since i travel with tattoos so i can't tell if i am any more offensive to the common public than w/o the beard. probably not.

i keep trying to convince Jackson to curl his stache, but so far no luck. i even bought him wax :( i think i've also developed a technique for doing it perfectly, though it's only in theory since i myself do not possess facial hair of that matter.

does anyone own a brush/comb set for their facial hair? i'm thinking of x(xx)mas gift shopping and i would love to find a really good set since i Jackson does comb his beard everyday.

While I can get down with a few key types of facial hair, beards not one of them. I mean, I can appreciate it on some of my hillbilly friends, but I don't get closser than hugging distance. Also, blond people should avoid facial hair all together. I'm sorry, it's your lot in life to look like a scumbag with a mustache.

my other half, stewart, has a beard of some description at all times. i think i saw him clean shaven once but that only because I never had and pestered him till he shaved. it didnt matter cos by evening time he already had visible stubble haha!

I'm a huge fan of facial hair on men, it's manly, and thats a good thing on man, well, to me anyway. moustaches can be good too, handlebar ones are best but not the waxed, curly ones. too many hipsters in london wear them these days!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been sporting the goatee/stache look for 18 years now, have only shaved it twice - in both cases, it was only gone for the time it took to grow back. I've let it spread into a full beard a couple times, but the goat fits me better.

I needs to upload a better pic of me somewhere...right now this is the best I've got available...

aahzztele.jpg

I've been sporting the goatee/stache look for 18 years now, have only shaved it twice - in both cases, it was only gone for the time it took to grow back. I've let it spread into a full beard a couple times, but the goat fits me better.

I needs to upload a better pic of me somewhere...right now this is the best I've got available...

aahzztele.jpg

that telecaster more than makes up for lack of beard in the photo! love telecasters. I just recently got a strat that's the opposite color scheme (black body and anodized silver pick guard)

• 2 months later...