Trying to find out how much to have saved up before talking to an artist

Insanity0789

I'm looking to get my second tattoo, I just want to get a black ink quote on my fore-arm that says: "In the embrace of great Nurgle I am no longer afraid, for with his pestilential favour  I have become that which I once feared: Death. right now I have about $300 plus tip. does that sound like enough or should I keep saving?

2 hours ago, Insanity0789 said:

I'm looking to get my second tattoo, I just want to get a black ink quote on my fore-arm that says: "In the embrace of great Nurgle I am no longer afraid, for with his pestilential favour  I have become that which I once feared: Death. right now I have about $300 plus tip. does that sound like enough or should I keep saving?

find a good artist that is good at that style,tell them your budget, and ask them .

DON'T CHEAP OUT. Script is not easy, you can't go to just anybody to have then done right. If it's not done perfectly it looks terrible. The lines all have to be even, the spacing has to be right, letter high has to be consistent. 

Having said that, don't do it. Do you really think this is something you'll be happy to have in 20 years?