Is this a blowout? Not sure what to do about this. 3 weeks in and I’m a bit worried

Chrissy

Hey guys, I’m new here. Just wanted some input on my tattoo since my artist keeps saying everything looks good, but it doesn’t seem to look good to me. I’m three weeks in and as time passes by, the lines are getting crooked and thick. Some lines are staying thin like the first time I got the tattoo and the rest is thick. I noticed this the first week and thought it was a blowout so I contacted my artist and he said everything looks great. What do you think is going on here? I’m wondering maybe it’s my fault? I’ve been taking good care of it. Sometimes I notice some of the letter want to peel but aren’t peeling. I’m slightly annoyed and wished I was happy with my tattoo as it is very meaningful to me. What are your thoughts? It’s my first tattoo. Sorry for the crappy pictures.

F0E0764E-4394-4FB8-8B9C-2E6A16429ED9.jpeg

759BCF42-DE6D-499B-B120-2C5CD2934498.jpeg

A7AA9509-FDBB-4A51-A190-3C39B2697BCC.jpeg

Edited by Chrissy

Lines don't "get" crooked. It's not a bad tattoo, but the design could be better. The script is too close to whatever plant that is. The 1 in Psalm 91, the 5 in Her 13:5, the "I' in the quote is too close and looks like a 1 and the spacing is all over the place. Having said all that, most people wouldn't even notice. The only reason I bring it up is so you do your homework next time you get a tattoo. Script is NOT easy to do, you need to find someone that does a lot of it and is really, really good.

5 hours ago, Chrissy said:

Thank you for replying back to me, it’s been helpful. Not sure if I should feel disappointed or what.

Not at all, especially considering how many shit tattoos people walk around with. It's hard to think of everything, that's why really good tattooers are so rare, expensive, and necessary. Just some things to think about next time.