Ego Death

EthanStarkey

I want to have a daily reminder to check my ego at the door. I'd like some help finding a symbol or unique idea for ego death. I don't want something as simple as "EGO" with a line through it, or something as cumbersome as The Hero's Journey chart. Chinese symbols seem too noob-esque (though w/only 2 tattoos, I am very much a noob)...Anyway, any help would be fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...

I am a little late to this topic but reading it reminded me of an old parable about a young kitten running around in the jungle that eventually comes across a bobcat and because it is bigger and faster than him it assumes it must be a lion. It starts mimicking the bobcat and eventually thinks it is the king of the jungle. Some time later it comes across a male lion and realizes how far he still has to go if he wants to be king of the jungle. 

I've thought about a similar concept in a tattoo and I always visualize a lion looking at its reflection in a pond but the reflection is a regular cat or maybe an aggressive looking shark getting swallowed by a whale. Something to remind you that there is always something bigger, badder, faster or smarter than you.