Muscle ache/One month tattoo

Chrissy

Hey guys, it’s just been one month that I’ve gotten my tattoo and I’m still experiencing muscle ache and very little weakness on my arm when I don’t put lotion on. When I do, only the muscle ache goes away. Is it something I should be concerned about?

Edited by Chrissy

2 hours ago, tsuk said:

You need to be more specific about that ache but i dont really see how it can be related to the tattoo

It just hurts, but it’s more deeper. It comes and goes, never consistent. Usually when I wake up or go to bed when I haven’t washed it yet or have put lotion on. Sometimes it still gets irritated. According to my artist, it has healed nicely. I’m wondering if it’s an allergic reaction or the way I would position my arm when I would sleep for the past month to avoid damage to the tattoo. Sorry, I really don’t know how to explain it properly 

On 9/21/2019 at 1:46 PM, Chrissy said:

I was told it’s probably an allergic reaction to the ink. I’m going to wait it out for another month and go from there.

I've had an allergic reaction to tattoo ink. It didn't cause any ache. It caused an infection and all the color fell out.

5 hours ago, oboogie said:

I've had an allergic reaction to tattoo ink. It didn't cause any ache. It caused an infection and all the color fell out.

I see, that is what my artist told me. Is it still in the healing process? Is it healing slow? Because it’s still hurting after a month and it hurts a lot more when I don’t wash it or put lotion on. The pain comes and goes. Usually when I wake up or go to bed and it sometimes gets irritated.