General Movie Thread

Tight-Lines

Have you ever seen Strange Land(s). I'm not sure if its land or lands its been awhile' date=' but its kinda out there.[/quote']

One of my all time favorite movies, Strangeland is the title and Dee Snyder is the main chr..

The sound track is IMO one of the best.. The track 'Absent' by Snot is high up on my list of favorite songs and this soundtrack is basically the only place it can be found!

Great recommendation :)

One of my all time favorite movies, Strangeland is the title and Dee Snyder is the main chr..

The sound track is IMO one of the best.. The track 'Absent' by Snot is high up on my list of favorite songs and this soundtrack is basically the only place it can be found!

Great recommendation :)

Well thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone seen this movie? Any good?

lol My friends where talking about it. I haven't gotten around to it but i plan on watching it for the cheeseball effect i expect it to have. i love a good cheesy horror movie.

hahahahaha I LOVE those terrible shark movies! My husband does this whole eye rolling "Oh gaaaaaaawd" thing but I can't help it. A couple weeks ago on SyFy was Supershark, Dino Shark, Swamp Shark, Sharktopus and Sharknado. They're so horrible but I can't help it. Sand Sharks is on Netflix, just as bad. (well see now, he was dragged out here and his head popped clean off-I ain't never seen a coyote do that" ....that's good dialogue right there yanno) Two Headed Shark attack, oh my..that was "good". Mega Shark V Giant Octopus--that one has Debbie Gibson in it and she says the F word.

lol My friends where talking about it. I haven't gotten around to it but i plan on watching it for the cheeseball effect i expect it to have. i love a good cheesy horror movie.

I am a zombie nerd, so I feel an unnatural compulsion to watch any and all zombie movies. I will end up watching this, just have to find two hours in my life I don't mind throwing away on what is surely a crap movie. Was just wondering if it had any redeeming qualities at all.

I am a zombie nerd, so I feel an unnatural compulsion to watch any and all zombie movies. I will end up watching this, just have to find two hours in my life I don't mind throwing away on what is surely a crap movie. Was just wondering if it had any redeeming qualities at all.

According to them no. lol They said that it just kept getting worse. From what they where saying last night I'm sure I would love it if I ever got around to it.

According to them no. lol They said that it just kept getting worse. From what they where saying last night I'm sure I would love it if I ever got around to it.

Hahaha...I do find enjoyment in a good zombie movie if certain aspects are rad. Lets say the make-up, or chases, or etc. are awesome, even if the rest of the movie blows, I will still be able to enjoy watching it. I have seen some really terrible shit though...sometimes it just numbs your brain and it hurts to watch.

Hahaha...I do find enjoyment in a good zombie movie if certain aspects are rad. Lets say the make-up, or chases, or etc. are awesome, even if the rest of the movie blows, I will still be able to enjoy watching it. I have seen some really terrible shit though...sometimes it just numbs your brain and it hurts to watch.

There was a movie I can't remember the name of it but it was about these people that where trying to get help but every one around them was going super fast and running away from them, it turns out they where zombies and where going super slow. It was HORRIBLE and I loved it!

• 2 weeks later...
Great minds and all.

I'm a fan of experimental film; guys like David Lynch and Stan Brakhage- but I think they're genuine whereas Korine seems incredibly planned in his looseness.

I agree with that. However, it still makes good viewing for me. I am able to put aside some of the more obvious things and he still impresses me.

To each his own though...

I discovered this awesome theater over in Dallas. It has a bar in it and it shows classic movies. We watched the Charleston Heston "Planet of the Apes" and having a few drink that movie was amazing. lol it was even better that you could have your drink in the theater while watching the movie. This weekend they're showing 'Full Metal Jacket' I can't wait to go.

I didn't know where else to put this. I figured this was a good place to share theater knowledge.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the trailer for the 'Robocop' reboot.

In the original movie, you could hear Robocop coming from the next block away, because he was all thudding feet, servo-motors and pistons whining... He was like this clanking big industrial machine, you had the sense that he could actually punch through walls, that he weighed a ton and whatnot.

The new Robocop just looks like a guy in a halloween costume to me. Shiny plastic, too streamlined, too quick in his movements.

Dissapointing.

If you have any interest in anime I can wholeheartedly suggest Attack on Titan. It has no qualms about making you love a character and then brutally murdering them. Imagine if Saving Private Ryan, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and King Arthur had a baby. Now take that baby and feed it to some creepy-happy man-eating giants.

Epic

Crunchyroll - Attack on Titan Full episodes streaming online for free