General Movie Thread

Tight-Lines

Just returned from my local theater.

I was entertained throughout the movie, but found it to be a little more serious than I had expected. I was hoping for a typical Paul Rudd (Wet Hot American Summer, Role Models...) type of movie. If you enjoy Paul Rudd ingeneral then you should watch it. But if you are looking for constant laughs and shit, might want to netflix that shit.

yeah i had seen it before but it was a while ago.. it's pretty great.. the dude who cuts his wrists and neck open as part of a performance art show is fucked though hahaha, I'm surprised he didn't die or at least pass out, I guess it takes a lot longer to bleed out than I though

Just returned from my local theater.

I was entertained throughout the movie, but found it to be a little more serious than I had expected. I was hoping for a typical Paul Rudd (Wet Hot American Summer, Role Models...) type of movie. If you enjoy Paul Rudd ingeneral then you should watch it. But if you are looking for constant laughs and shit, might want to netflix that shit.

Paul Rudd in I Love You Man...

Looking forward to that 50/50 movie which should come out that soon and has Seth Rogan in it. Dunno if he should advance from the "stoner" role he usually plays, but maybe thats just what he is best at.

He was filming Funny People in front of my apt and after unknowingly telling him to go fuck himself over a crew members walkie-talkie, he got out of the car 3 ft in front of my apt door and I regret not asking him up for a bong rip

• 2 weeks later...

Saw "Drive" Friday and was completely blown away-such a good movie. Directed by the same guy who did "Bronson" and "Valhalla Rising" if you want an idea of pacing and general feel. Super sleek, ultraviolent, and sparse dialogue. I have a theory about this movie being a statement about modern Hollywood that I writing up in a longer post for a blog entry. Go see it.

Claire and I are going to see 'Don't be afraid of the Dark' tomorrow... I need to cleanse my palate after the Fright Night remake and Planet of the Apes.

What was the movie like?

We don't have theaters up here, so I just add titles to my list for next summer.

Has anyone seen The Machinist with Christian Bale? IMHO some of his best work ever.

Boy, I just finished The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia.

Not sure if I'm depressed or feel great about my life...

if it makes you feel any better, i grew up with folks just like that in the north georgia. and at the moment, i'm surrounded by them daily here in ohio. nothing but copious amounts of doom metal and hillbilly country music can cure any depression you might feel.

Saw "Drive" Friday and was completely blown away-such a good movie. Directed by the same guy who did "Bronson" and "Valhalla Rising" if you want an idea of pacing and general feel. Super sleek, ultraviolent, and sparse dialogue. I have a theory about this movie being a statement about modern Hollywood that I writing up in a longer post for a blog entry. Go see it.

More of an analysis than review-might contain some spoilers: Movie Review: Drive

if it makes you feel any better, i grew up with folks just like that in the north georgia. and at the moment, i'm surrounded by them daily here in ohio. nothing but copious amounts of doom metal and hillbilly country music can cure any depression you might feel.

Hahahaha. I would like to hang around for a little bit with people like that. I dont know if I could keep up for too long. Hank III seemed unable to take it, so my head would prolly explode partying with them.