General Movie Thread

Tight-Lines

I aint heard anybody talk about the book nook in over a decade. Rad.

They've stopped buying VHSes...they still sell them, but their stock isn't what it used to be. I could easily find a good five-seven movies worth buying every I went there. When I found out they would no longer be buying VHSes, I went there and bled them dry.

That was one of the few places in Atlanta I could rely on for having a great VHS selection.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Have any of you seen the documentary G-DOG? It's about an amazing man, Father Greg Boyle, who helps men and women get out of gangs and turn their lives around. He runs an organization in L.A. called Homeboy Industries. They have rehab services, a cafe and a bakery that employs the ex gang members, and they have free laser tattoo removal for gang related tattoos or tattoos holding them back from getting work. It's really good. One of our good friends works there.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Been watching lots of documentaries...

RUSH: Beyond the Lighted Stage

All This Mayhem (tragic story about the Pappas brothers, Australian skateboarders)

Life Itself (the Roger Ebert story)

and today, The Other One: The Long Strange Trip of Bob Weir

All good! All on Netflix streaming. All kind of sad and moving at parts. The Rush one and the Grateful Dead one both gave me a little more appreciation for those bands and their members than I previously had. Really interesting. Need more rockumentaries.

Also highly recommend A Band Called Death... about an unknown African American punk rock band in Detroit in the 70s.

All This Mayhem (tragic story about the Pappas brothers, Australian skateboarders)

All good! All on Netflix streaming. All kind of sad and moving at parts. The Rush one and the Grateful Dead one both gave me a little more appreciation for those bands and their members than I previously had. Really interesting. Need more rockumentaries.

Also highly recommend A Band Called Death... about an unknown African American punk rock band in Detroit in the 70s.

Band called death was cool. Check out "Beware Mr Baker" or "Last Days Here"...both a little darker (they highlight some pretty down and out people) but they're worth it IMO. Should both be on netflix

- - - Updated - - -

Also "Muscle Shoals" is a must watch!

Thank you @9Years, I was trying to watch Beware of Mr. Baker but Netflix wouldn't cooperate! The title would pop up and then vanish... Same thing happened with the Jimi Hendrix doc I tried to watch (Hear My Train A Comin').

I did see Last Days Here a while back, really good! Which also reminds me of another good one, Anvil.

I'll look for Muscle Shoals.