General Movie Thread

Tight-Lines

I like your style there. And the remote idea is genius! I shush people and my body immediately goes into adrenaline mode, and I'm sitting there, trying to ignore people and shaking because my body thinks it's time for a confrontation. I'm gonna give myself a heart attack one day.

And D, funny you mention homeless people behind the screen. Last year here in NYC, they found a homeless couple living behind one of the screens at the 34th st. Loews, buckets of poo and all..

A few Christmases ago my lady and I went to see VALKYRIE; it's a tradition in her family (and a lot of Jewish families) to see movies and have Chinese food on Christmas. Anyhoo... we heard a super realistic gunshot, but wrote it off, because you know.. war movie and all.

Turns out someone had tried to shush the guy behind him a few times at the next door screening of Benjamine Button, and on the last SHHH, the loudmouth kicked the shusher in the back of the head. The shusher, a few days back from active duty in the Middle East, pulled out his weapon and clipped the guy. Then called the cops.

You got shot at BENJAMINE FUCKING BUTTON for not shutting up. Put that on your resume, douche.

Since they, the theater has a VERY proactive usher policy. haha.

A few Christmases ago my lady and I went to see VALKYRIE; it's a tradition in her family (and a lot of Jewish families) to see movies and have Chinese food on Christmas. Anyhoo... we heard a super realistic gunshot, but wrote it off, because you know.. war movie and all.

Turns out someone had tried to shush the guy behind him a few times at the next door screening of Benjamine Button, and on the last SHHH, the loudmouth kicked the shusher in the back of the head. The shusher, a few days back from active duty in the Middle East, pulled out his weapon and clipped the guy. Then called the cops.

You got shot at BENJAMINE FUCKING BUTTON for not shutting up. Put that on your resume, douche.

Since they, the theater has a VERY proactive usher policy. haha.

Yeah, I remember hearing about that! Not to advocate shooting people.. but if you woulda just shut the fuck up...

Also, full disclosure, my friends and I were drinking beer and also being somewhat rowdy at JAWS, but you had other people cheering, talking etc. Midnight showing. Everyone was stoked.. or.. shit, I hope so.

Do short films count here? My best friend just finished working on this really cool short called The Bride of Vernon, and I really loved it. There's only a trailer on the internet for now, though I'm sure there'll be a way for everyone to see it really soon, since he did it for the Northern Film School. Anyway, trailer...

• 2 weeks later...

How come I didn't see that voicemail video when I put up Joni's trailer? That is brilliant. That's the kind of theatre owner I would be. I'd go one further and put people in stocks if they were irritating. You could throw crap at them on the way out.

I saw the social network at the cinema when it first came out and i found it very enjoyable. great dialogue, perfectly framed scenes, sharp and no boring/slow bits that made you lose interest half way through.

anyway, i just got my hands on the extras DVD of the film and it's great to understand about the craft behind the scenes. some awesome insights into the acting, soundtrack and directing, i'd highly recommend watching both the film and the extras if youre into well made, good quality anything really :)

also, the other night i finally saw fatal attraction for the first time. its always been one of those classic films i just kept missing and i thought it was great, will probably buy the DVD soon.

Recently saw and would suggest:

Departures- A story about a guy who prepares the dead for funerals in Japan.

Manda Bala- A documentary on various professions that have materialized due to the various street hustles/violence in Brazil. This is up there with City of God!

movies I have seen in the last week or two

wallstreet "money never sleeps" had potential but they missed the mark.

social network- well done and entertaining

salt- decent action predictable but amusing

I have the chinese version of red cliff waiting for me but I cant seem to find 5 straight hrs to watch it