Scarring on 9 day old tattoo advice please

AlbertB88

I had this done little bit more than a week ago 9 days to be exact. It peeled 2 days ago. I have some heavy scarring. I just want some advice please. The last image is just after it was done. After this it got very swollen till the next day. 

IMG-20191002-WA0001.jpeg

IMG-20191002-WA0003.jpeg

IMG-20191002-WA0006.jpeg

IMG-20190925-WA0001.jpeg

IMG_20191002_130421.jpg

Edited by AlbertB88

1 hour ago, JAC1961 said:

Hmmm... the wrist skin is thinner and doesn't take well to being overworked. And that looks like it was overworked/went too deep. Was this done in a shop? Did the tattooer have much experience? To be brutally honest, it looks poorly done overall.

1 hour ago, JAC1961 said:

Hmmm... the wrist skin is thinner and doesn't take well to being overworked. And that looks like it was overworked/went too deep. Was this done in a shop? Did the tattooer have much experience? To be brutally honest, it looks poorly done overall.

Yes this was done in a shop by the shop owner. I paid 700 bucks for this. I live in South Africa. 

14 minutes ago, AlbertB88 said:

Yes this was done in a shop by the shop owner. I paid 700 bucks for this. I live in South Africa. 

Holy crap. That's a lot of money for a small and simple tattoo. 

Any case you're not going to know what you've got for another month or more. 

25 minutes ago, snyderju89 said:

700 U.S. dollars or 700 Rand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes 700 rand to me that's a lot of money I only work once a year due to high unemployment rates and my race. 

Edited by AlbertB88

Yes 700 rand to me that's a lot of money I only work once a year due to high unemployment rates and my race. 

In the U.S. that amounts to about $45. That would qualify as a cheap tattoo. You very much get what you pay for. Just because someone owns the shop doesn’t mean they are a good tattooer either. You really should be looking at portfolios and healed work as well. You could try putting fresh aloe on it from the plant if you have access to some to help minimize scarring.

2 minutes ago, snyderju89 said:

In the U.S. that amounts to about $45. That would qualify as a cheap tattoo. You very much get what you pay for. Just because someone owns the shop doesn’t mean they are a good tattooer either. You really should be looking at portfolios and healed work as well. You could try putting fresh aloe on it from the plant if you have access to some to help minimize scarring.

For South Africans its not cheap. You can't just convert it and assume every thing is the same. But I'll keep that in mind ty. 

You are right it’s not accurate or a good way of comparing cost and I honestly thought goods and services in the U.S. and South Africa were closer. 600-800 seems like a pretty normal shop minimum after looking at a few well reviewed shops.

I’d see what the shop says about it. It really doesn’t look like it was applied well from the pictures. As long as it’s no longer open I’d try putting some aloe on it to help with the scarring. That and time could really help settle the scarring.