HELP: infected or healing?

babymanatees

hi! new to LST so it wont let me post on the appropriate forum but i was wondering if my tattoo is healing properly or if i should have myself checked. 

got my tattoo 1 month ago (red ink) and it has already gone through the scabbing + peeling stage at the 2 week mark. note, i accidentally put too much moisturizer every day (something i only realized after researching online)

by week 3 it started becoming foggy, raised, and dull looking so i thought it was just dead skin that needed to be removed so i STUPIDLY scrubbed it lightly (as if “lightly” would justify the act of scrubbing haha) with a washcloth and it started getting irritated and stingy. 

its been a month now and my scabs are slightly yellow that ooze out clear-yellow liquid (nothing thick, just watery) only after i wash it for too long/bother the scabs. very itchy, slightly red, but not painful. went to my tatt artist 3 days ago and they told me it seems to be just healing a second time, but to monitor it for a few more weeks then i should probably go to the doctor. 

please let me know what you guys think because i’m paranoid by nature and getting worried.

72477944_689542384889381_2036700674611216384_n.jpg

73372343_732247960576009_3099084015215312896_n.jpg

75258587_2517623668519919_1300325263241904128_n.jpg

Edited by babymanatees

9 hours ago, babymanatees said:

its been a month now and my scabs are slightly yellow that ooze out clear-yellow liquid (nothing thick, just watery) only after i wash it for too long/bother the scabs.

Then don't wash it for too long or bother the scabs.

Guy: Dr. my eye hurts when I drink coffee every morning.

Dr.: Take the spoon out of the cup.

Edited by Hogrider

9 hours ago, Hogrider said:

Then don't wash it for too long or bother the scabs.

Guy: Dr. my eye hurts when I drink coffee every morning.

Dr.: Take the spoon out of the cup.

11 hours ago, SStu said:

Yep. Just leave it alone. 

12 hours ago, Dan said:

looks totally normal to me,use a little Aveeno on it a couple times a day.

thanks for the replies! definitely made me less paranoid! was just wondering what else i could do about the little bumps that formed around it (look like very very small pimples) 

5 hours ago, babymanatees said:

UPDATE: woke up today and i felt my lymph node on my elbow (the tattoo is situated near my elbow) please tell me if this is normal thanks 😞

LOL  you need to relax,

if it was infected then it would be painful and red and angry directly around the tattoo