New here! Is this normal for healing? Black lines darker than fill.

misdy

Hello!

This is day nine of healing for a tattoo that's located on the top of my hand. It's been peeling over the last few days, and the fresh skin in the area in the photo just became visible this morning. In several spots in this area, the lines that were created prior to when the black fill was layered over them are visible through the filled in black.

It's still quite milky, light, and shiny, so I'm not sure if the fill is ultimately going to get darker to make the lines underneath less visible. There are a few other fill areas not in the photo that have a similar effect where the under lines are visible. I did tons of searching but haven't seen a healing photo quite like this. Will the fill darken to cover the lines as it heals, or did the fill just heal too light? I didn't pick or mess with the peeling skin and didn't really scab heavily. 

This is my first major tattoo so I'm not sure what to expect. I traveled cross country for this, so I can't go back in to have it evaluated right now. My aftercare instructions said colors could look uneven while healing, but to this degree? Watching a tattoo heal is one of the most stressful things I think I've ever done, especially in an area that's so visible. Thanks for any advice. 

IMG_1133.jpg

Watching a tattoo heal is one of the most stressful things I think I've ever done, especially in an area that's so visible.

IMG_1133.thumb.jpg.b1aa4d15b369dea2166e0f561a84c2c4.jpg

So don’t watch it heal so closely. The only real communality in healing tattoos is that it takes time. Give it a month or two. Hands are delicate areas and move a lot and tend to take longer to heal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk