Podcasts

AlannaCA

Hi all,

I just wanted to find out if any of my fellow LSTers have any favorite podcasts that they would recommend. I've had iTunes for year and it wasn't until now that I started getting hooked on listening to a sampling of some of what's out there. I'm always open to listening to something new and expanding my horizons. So if u have a sec make a recommendation please!!

• 1 month later...

i hope its not too lame that im trying to get this thread up again. last attempt! anyway, breifly in another thread i got a suggestion for:

Doug Loves Movies

This American Life

Doug loves movies is actually really funny and its great if your a movie nerd too!

at the moment im listening to:

Risk

You had to be there

The smartest man in the world -Greg proops

Nerdist

WTF with Mark moran

Nutrition Divas

I listened to Risk just today actually! I had remembered you recommended it before.. Another one I like is the music podcasts from Stones Throw if you like hip hop (not the lil wayne kind, more the j dilla kind) I highly recommend it.

I also like Radiolab if you are into science related stories that are layman enough for the average person but smart enough that it's still really good

hmmm...the only podcast I regularly listen ot is Sklarboro Country...its 2 super funny guys...but its sports related...I doubt thats your bag Alanna...

Hmmmm.... Kind of... I understand and love soccer but every other sport baffles me! If it doesn't interest me that's alright because you put it out there and maybe it interests someone else!

I listened to Risk just today actually! I had remembered you recommended it before.. Another one I like is the music podcasts from Stones Throw if you like hip hop (not the lil wayne kind, more the j dilla kind) I highly recommend it.

I also like Radiolab if you are into science related stories that are layman enough for the average person but smart enough that it's still really good

I'm going to check out the hip hop one and see if i like it. I usually can get into anything! I have a couple episodes of Doug loves movies, thanks for telling me about that one Ursula.

What did you think about risk?

I am liking Risk so far for sure! I'm also on my second episode of Paul F Tomkast. I didn't like the first one but this one is pretty funny. The phone call is pretty great in it.

It was nice meeting you the other day, hope it wasn't too boring, last time we went it was a lot better!

I am liking Risk so far for sure! I'm also on my second episode of Paul F Tomkast. I didn't like the first one but this one is pretty funny. The phone call is pretty great in it.

It was nice meeting you the other day, hope it wasn't too boring, last time we went it was a lot better!

im glad you like it!!! :)

yes likewise it was really nice to meet you too! no no no, it wasnt boring at all, it was great, i really enjoy a laid back evening with beer and i dont dance unless im really wasted! hahaha i just hope i wasnt too socially awkward, it can be weird when you know stuff about a person before youve actually met them!

I really enjoy The Ricky Gervais show. Only risky thing about that one is you never know when you're going to spontaniously burst into laughter. I've gotten some weird looks from fellow passengers on public transportation several times.

I listen to SModcast with Kevin Smith now and again too.

I really enjoy The Ricky Gervais show. Only risky thing about that one is you never know when you're going to spontaniously burst into laughter. I've gotten some weird looks from fellow passengers on public transportation several times.

I listen to SModcast with Kevin Smith now and again too.

hahhahaha YES another fan!! i was going to add that to my list at the top but i decided against it because its not really a podcast its more just clips from the version you have to buy (or at least the one that im listening too :) ), but your soooo right it is hilarious and i was listening it at work thankfully but at one point i was laughing so hard i was crying. have you heard "Karls diary" episode that one is my favorite and i swear that guys a comedic genius just by being himself!

Oh shit! I forgot about Ricky Gervais show... hahahahhaa best podcast EVER.

I think my ex-room mate must have been less hilarious relative of Carl Pilkington because she was the biggest moron I've ever met. I've been listening to the cast so many times just thinking, man him and Jenna woulda have some amazing conversations together

• 1 year later...

I do like a good podcast. Here are my favourites:

WTF w/ Marc Maron - interviews with stand-up comics and some other celebrities

The Memory Palace - short pieces on a wide range of topics

99% Invisible - about architecture and design

Bullseye with Jesse Thorn - interviews with cultural producers

Radiolab - where "science meets culture"

Jordan, Jesse, Go! - Interviews with comedians, and various cultural producers

Risk! - see previous commenters

Also, I am just starting to listen to The Joe Rogan experience

• 2 months later...
Hey @aiannaCA I host a tattoo related podcast on iTunes. Its called the Joe Swanson Propaganda Podcast. Please let me know what you think. Thanks Joe

I've been listening to this one after Doug Hardy posted on instagram that he'd been interviewed on it. II've so far listened to the Doug Hardy one, the Jojo Ackermann one, and the Brian Everett one and they've all been these great loose chats between tattooers. I think most people here would really dig them.