Need advice on what to do with my tattoo as I've been possibly told the wrong advice on cleaning it

Tom182

that's not from taking the film off to early,

that's something else,

how old is the tattoo ? is that scabbing ?

does it hurt to touch it ?

did that rash start after the tattoo was applied ?

wash it with warm water and some anti-bacterial soap with the clean palm of your hand,

pat it dry with a clean paper towel and put a very light coat of a good lotion like aveeno

or maybe go to a doctor to see if it's infected.

Edited by Dan

It's only 4 days old and and yeah it still hurts quite a bit im having pain next to it but I know that's probaly normal and yeah the spots are to do with the tattoo I do have eczema too but that would be more notice able to the eye. I'll have to go to the doctors to see what they advise. It seems a couple of areas on the tattoo have started healing nicely but the rest of it hasn't followed suit

Edited by Tom182

16 hours ago, Tom182 said:

I know but parts of my tattoo have fallen off so they ink is missing due to the infection

You won't know what it's going to look like until it's healed. Who told you it was infected? Is it oozing puss? Does it smell? If neither of those, it's unlikely that it's infected. If it IS infected, you need to see a doctor to get antibiotics.

You have way too much lotion on that, it looks like it's drowning. The idea is to use just enough to keep the skin from drying out. Did you get that done in a shop? Whoever did that really mauled your skin.

Edited by Hogrider

On 11/14/2019 at 11:42 AM, Hogrider said:

You won't know what it's going to look like until it's healed. Who told you it was infected? Is it oozing puss? Does it smell? If neither of those, it's unlikely that it's infected. If it IS infected, you need to see a doctor to get antibiotics.

You have way too much lotion on that, it looks like it's drowning. The idea is to use just enough to keep the skin from drying out. Did you get that done in a shop? Whoever did that really mauled your skin.

Yes bit was having puss on one part but it's cleared up with antibiotics now and I apply a thin layer of cream and yeah it was done in a tattoo shop by a appreciate.