Initiation Post

EoL

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to forum and have seen pretty great discussions so far. Having just had my first significant piece done, I'm hoping to get some advice about feelings of regret and uncertainty.

Thanks!

23 minutes ago, SStu said:

Welcome. 

There are MANY previous threads on your question. 

Meantime, post a picture!

I read them all lol. I can possibly PM a picture but I'm so unsure about the tattoo. My biggest concern on top the work itself is how worried I am about the chemicals in the pigments, especially titanium dioxide given my piece has a lot of color and white. Something I never even considered before hand ironically. I feel like I should have went with grey wash if I got anything and I never wanted color originally but after seeing the sketch it seemed to make sense at the time. I suppose it doesn't help this is my second tattoo and it was 9 hours on the ribs.

27 minutes ago, tcgjake said:

Congrats on the new tattoo. Give yourself a few months to adjust to it, it's pretty common, especially with your first large tattoo. Can you post a pic so we can see what you're working with?

Perhaps I can PM. I'm not even sure I want it up for the world to see yet.

Millions of people are walking around with a lot of ink. If this was a pervasive issue, I think we'd know by now. I believe that the reason for the perception is that when 10 million people get white ink and don't have a problem, none of them post. 10 people have a problem and 9 of them post. All of a sudden people think there is some widespread issue.

1 hour ago, Hogrider said:

Millions of people are walking around with a lot of ink. If this was a pervasive issue, I think we'd know by now. I believe that the reason for the perception is that when 10 million people get white ink and don't have a problem, none of them post. 10 people have a problem and 9 of them post. All of a sudden people think there is some widespread issue.

This. Also, don't get any more tattoos.

Just forget about it and get on with your life. You'll be fine.

4 hours ago, EoL said:

I read them all lol. I can possibly PM a picture but I'm so unsure about the tattoo. My biggest concern on top the work itself is how worried I am about the chemicals in the pigments, especially titanium dioxide given my piece has a lot of color and white. Something I never even considered before hand ironically. I feel like I should have went with grey wash if I got anything and I never wanted color originally but after seeing the sketch it seemed to make sense at the time. I suppose it doesn't help this is my second tattoo and it was 9 hours on the ribs.

I understand how you’re feeling, dealing with regret myself though it’s due to my tat being infected and will probably not heal well.  I’m mad I did this to myself. plus mine is on my forearm so it’s very visible and looks so nasty. 

however, we can’t go back in time and change things.  So try not to think about the chemicals, everything is made of chemicals anyway doesn’t mean it’s bad.  

and if you’re self conscience, just wear a shirt and forget about the tat. 

3 minutes ago, ptcruzar said:

I understand how you’re feeling, dealing with regret myself though it’s due to my tat being infected and will probably not heal well.  I’m mad I did this to myself. plus mine is on my forearm so it’s very visible and looks so nasty. 

however, we can’t go back in time and change things.  So try not to think about the chemicals, everything is made of chemicals anyway doesn’t mean it’s bad.  

and if you’re self conscience, just wear a shirt and forget about the tat. 

I appriciate the advice and I'm really sorry about the way yours is healing. I hope in the end it heals normally in the end.