EoL

Initiation Post

Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to forum and have seen pretty great discussions so far. Having just had my first significant piece done, I'm hoping to get some advice about feelings of regret and uncertainty.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on the new tattoo. Give yourself a few months to adjust to it, it's pretty common, especially with your first large tattoo. Can you post a pic so we can see what you're working with?

Edited by tcgjake
you're*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SStu said:

Welcome. 

There are MANY previous threads on your question. 

Meantime, post a picture!

I read them all lol. I can possibly PM a picture but I'm so unsure about the tattoo. My biggest concern on top the work itself is how worried I am about the chemicals in the pigments, especially titanium dioxide given my piece has a lot of color and white. Something I never even considered before hand ironically. I feel like I should have went with grey wash if I got anything and I never wanted color originally but after seeing the sketch it seemed to make sense at the time. I suppose it doesn't help this is my second tattoo and it was 9 hours on the ribs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, tcgjake said:

Congrats on the new tattoo. Give yourself a few months to adjust to it, it's pretty common, especially with your first large tattoo. Can you post a pic so we can see what you're working with?

Perhaps I can PM. I'm not even sure I want it up for the world to see yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Millions of people are walking around with a lot of ink. If this was a pervasive issue, I think we'd know by now. I believe that the reason for the perception is that when 10 million people get white ink and don't have a problem, none of them post. 10 people have a problem and 9 of them post. All of a sudden people think there is some widespread issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hogrider said:

Millions of people are walking around with a lot of ink. If this was a pervasive issue, I think we'd know by now. I believe that the reason for the perception is that when 10 million people get white ink and don't have a problem, none of them post. 10 people have a problem and 9 of them post. All of a sudden people think there is some widespread issue.

This. Also, don't get any more tattoos.

Just forget about it and get on with your life. You'll be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, oboogie said:

This. Also, don't get any more tattoos.

Just forget about it and get on with your life. You'll be fine.

Don't get anymore tattoos because they're bad or because I'm a wuss? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EoL said:

I read them all lol. I can possibly PM a picture but I'm so unsure about the tattoo. My biggest concern on top the work itself is how worried I am about the chemicals in the pigments, especially titanium dioxide given my piece has a lot of color and white. Something I never even considered before hand ironically. I feel like I should have went with grey wash if I got anything and I never wanted color originally but after seeing the sketch it seemed to make sense at the time. I suppose it doesn't help this is my second tattoo and it was 9 hours on the ribs.

I understand how you’re feeling, dealing with regret myself though it’s due to my tat being infected and will probably not heal well.  I’m mad I did this to myself. plus mine is on my forearm so it’s very visible and looks so nasty. 
 

however, we can’t go back in time and change things.  So try not to think about the chemicals, everything is made of chemicals anyway doesn’t mean it’s bad.  
 

and if you’re self conscience, just wear a shirt and forget about the tat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ptcruzar said:

I understand how you’re feeling, dealing with regret myself though it’s due to my tat being infected and will probably not heal well.  I’m mad I did this to myself. plus mine is on my forearm so it’s very visible and looks so nasty. 
 

however, we can’t go back in time and change things.  So try not to think about the chemicals, everything is made of chemicals anyway doesn’t mean it’s bad.  
 

and if you’re self conscience, just wear a shirt and forget about the tat. 

I appriciate the advice and I'm really sorry about the way yours is healing. I hope in the end it heals normally in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Posts

    • Hi I have a question about numbing creams last time I have had a first session on my whole belly I just couldn't withstand the pain I did not manage the whole session so I did a little bit of research how to help myself and found some info about the creams. The concern is that they last only about a hour which is not what I want for a whole session and those based on water are not recommended to reapply during long sessions. I still have about a full session to get mine finish so I really need an advice.Can you apply first layer in middle of the session? I'm thinking to start without anything and after couple of hours of tattooing when the pain is unbearable to apply a cream on areas that has been just tattooed and still needs to be finished. Can someone recommend tried good creams. Many thanks.
    • It really is shocking, concerning and, sadly, I feel like I don't I have much to add. 😞
    • I have no idea. I feel like maybe people who never would have gotten tattoos are getting them now because they are more mainstream, but then they appear to suddenly realize it is permanent? I don't know, but it feels like 90% of newbies come here to talk about their anxiety over a new tattoo. Sigh.
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

  • Topics

  • Blog Entries