Cellulitis & healing?

ptcruzar

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I have tried them all over the years and I think Aveeno is the best product out there.

I like Aveeno too but I never bothered to look at the ingredients and it has alcohol in it. I didn't know some lotions had alcohol.

Edited by EoL
Typo

• 1 year later...

Okay i really appreciate you because i got diagnosed with cellulitis too on my lower left leg on my calf kind of and it was soooo swollen and read and it hurt but i have not put any ointments on it because i air dry tattoos until it’s too dry and then I’ll put a little lubriderm on it. Got it Tuesday went to the doctors Friday and got antibiotics as well. It’s really scarred already but i was adding to my leg sleeve and was my second tattoo with this artist. Fingers are crossed because this shit hurts.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/30/2019 at 6:01 PM, ptcruzar said:

Considering how awful it looked, it’s healing so nicely now. Time heals all ❤️ Tattoo is 17 days old now. I highly recommend going to the dr right away if you think something weird is going on. 

30E9BE99-B26C-4469-93DD-A9A9035DA50E.jpeg

I have cellulitis too in both of ny new tattoos one on each leg ☹️ am on day 1 of flucloxacillin 4x a day. Am more worried about the cellulitis getting worse than how the tattoo turns out rn, I want the antibiotics to hurry up & work but this post has given me hope, thankyou 🙂

On 7/14/2023 at 1:51 PM, tracy100 said:

I'm so glad I have seen this. Exactly the same thing has just happened to me. Gives me hope that everything will be OK. On antibiotics too. 

Was yours ok too?

On 3/18/2022 at 1:10 AM, alicianburney123 said:

wow this post has really gave me. just been diagnosed with the same thing! I am glad you and your tattoo are okay! thank you for sharing!

Did you recover ok?

On 1/27/2022 at 1:37 PM, Meg said:

I just wanted to say I’m currently going through the same thing and I very much appreciate the final update pictures to help me through the process hoping mine will be okay. 🤞🤞🤞 thank you!

Did you recover ok? 

On 10/30/2021 at 3:49 AM, valerie.1018 said:

Okay i really appreciate you because i got diagnosed with cellulitis too on my lower left leg on my calf kind of and it was soooo swollen and read and it hurt but i have not put any ointments on it because i air dry tattoos until it’s too dry and then I’ll put a little lubriderm on it. Got it Tuesday went to the doctors Friday and got antibiotics as well. It’s really scarred already but i was adding to my leg sleeve and was my second tattoo with this artist. Fingers are crossed because this shit hurts.

Oh this is where mine is too! And one on my other leg ankle. Did you recover ok?

• 2 months later...

Hello, I am having this issue now and came across your helpful post. If you see this, can you comment as to if you’re also cracked and bled. I starts antibiotics and antibiotic ointment per my doctor and the artist is aware. A very reputable one that has done several of my tattoos but this is the first time this has ever happened and it’s front and center on my chest so I’m horrified it will be a blob.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2023 at 1:51 PM, TNDLV said:

Hello, I am having this issue now and came across your helpful post. If you see this, can you comment as to if you’re also cracked and bled. I starts antibiotics and antibiotic ointment per my doctor and the artist is aware. A very reputable one that has done several of my tattoos but this is the first time this has ever happened and it’s front and center on my chest so I’m horrified it will be a blob.  

It'll be fine. I had an infected tattoo once, and it was nothing to do with the artist. After antibiotics, I got it touched up a few months later, and it is fine.