Got my first tattoo - I screwed up...

M90

Is it possible to cover text with slightly larger and slightly bolder text?

I just got my first tattoo and it's slightly lower than it probably should have been.

I guess I didn't look closely enough when the stencil was on, I was a little nervous and intimidated by the whole thing and just checked kind of quickly.

Not the end of the world but a little upset I fucked up like this.

Maybe it's just in my head/my eye?

I drew on the picture where I think it should have been.

Maybe if the lettering were thicker like the last picture.

Tattoo1.jpg

Tattoo2.jpg

Tattoo1a.jpg

Tattoo2a.jpg

Thicker text.jpg

28 minutes ago, SStu said:

No. 

Nothing wrong with that placement. 

On the other hand that particular font in that size might not age too well . . . 

Damn - really?

I went to a really reputable place and a very well known artist did it.  We talked about size and aging and I said I trusted their judgement when it came to that since it was my first...

3 hours ago, M90 said:

Damn - really?

I went to a really reputable place and a very well known artist did it.  We talked about size and aging and I said I trusted their judgement when it came to that since it was my first...

it's not necessarily the artist, it's just  text that small will meld or look unreadable in a few years. it's just what tattoos do,

1 hour ago, Dan said:

it's not necessarily the artist, it's just  text that small will meld or look unreadable in a few years. it's just what tattoos do,

I wasn't blaming the artist I just meant I'm a little disappointed that when we came to the finale size nobody said hey dude this is probably going to be illegible in a few years, you should go bigger, especially since we had talked about size and blurring.

Too late now!  At least it'll look cool for a few years

1 hour ago, M90 said:

I wasn't blaming the artist I just meant I'm a little disappointed that when we came to the finale size nobody said hey dude this is probably going to be illegible in a few years, you should go bigger, especially since we had talked about size and blurring.

Too late now!  At least it'll look cool for a few years

it's all a learning process, 🙂 I never stop learning more and more about tattoos.