Need help with tattoo idea

M90

Trying to flesh out an idea I have for my next tattoo but I'm struggling a bit.

I'd like to get something that represents/symbolizes unity, loyalty, family, love. Any single one of those or combination of them.

If anybody could throw out some ideas I'd really appreciate it!

1 hour ago, SStu said:

Most of us agree that tattoo images are mostly only what they mean to you - not what they're supposed to mean to the casual viewer. Whatever image resonates those properties/characteristics to you is all that matters. 

This.^^^ You have to find what represents those things to you.

19 hours ago, M90 said:

Trying to flesh out an idea I have for my next tattoo but I'm struggling a bit.

I'd like to get something that represents/symbolizes unity, loyalty, family, love. Any single one of those or combination of them.

If anybody could throw out some ideas I'd really appreciate it!

I just had my kid's birth month flowers tattooed on my forearm.  My son was born in November so his flower is a chrysanthemum and my daughter was born in February which are violets.  A guy a know has a tree on his forearm with family members' names tattooed on the trunk.  Pick something you'd like and think how you could use it to represent your family, that's how I came up with the floral idea.  You could also consider the Chinese or regular Zodiac.  My son and husband are both dragons so a dragon was in consideration.  My parent's are apple farmers, on my back I have a blooming branch of apple blossoms with an apple coddling moth that my dad sprays for as it's a pest, lol. 

7 hours ago, SStu said:

Most of us agree that tattoo images are mostly only what they mean to you - not what they're supposed to mean to the casual viewer. Whatever image resonates those properties/characteristics to you is all that matters. 

Love this response

Thanks!

okk I realized maybe I shouldn't have asked for ideas.

What would serve me better is to ask where do you guys go to for inspiration to come up with your tattoo ideas?

I've been doing a ton of searching around the internet but looking to search some things I likely wouldn't come up with.

Anything is appreciated!