White Ink

Ted85

I have asked before about white tattoo ink, but want to ask again because recently it’s been really affecting me.  I have been having tingling in both my white tattoos on my body. 5 by 7 for one (lots of ink) and 3 by 3 other. The tingling comes and goes but last around 10 hours. It has been happening day after day.  It is worrying me. I do think my body rejects the white ink. When I got it done it didn’t want it and so went over it again, but it scared bad. I regret It now, because it’s not pretty and this tingling all of a sudden started after 3 years of getting the tattoo. So very odd. Maybe it’s the large amount of white? 

Anyone can help, that would be greAt. I know where is titanium dioxide so maybe having an allergic reaction to it?????? The tingling is just so odd. Thank you!! 

2 hours ago, Ted85 said:

I have asked before about white tattoo ink, but want to ask again because recently it’s been really affecting me.  I have been having tingling in both my white tattoos on my body. 5 by 7 for one (lots of ink) and 3 by 3 other. The tingling comes and goes but last around 10 hours. It has been happening day after day.  It is worrying me. I do think my body rejects the white ink. When I got it done it didn’t want it and so went over it again, but it scared bad. I regret It now, because it’s not pretty and this tingling all of a sudden started after 3 years of getting the tattoo. So very odd. Maybe it’s the large amount of white? 

Anyone can help, that would be greAt. I know where is titanium dioxide so maybe having an allergic reaction to it?????? The tingling is just so odd. Thank you!! 

Do you have any color in your tattoo? A lot of times colors are mixed with white pigment (titanium dioxide) to make them brighter. If that's the case, I might not be the titanium dioxide that is the issue. If you only have black and white, I guess it's possible you're having a reaction. Either way, going to a dermatologist and explaining your symptoms couldn't hurt.

I too have white in my tattoo and I'm regretting it. I'm actually regretting getting color at all for all the complications it introduces with pigment. If I do get any tattoos in the future, I'm sticking to black only.

It is only white no colors at all, just white ink. And It’s odd cause I don’t have issues to my color ink, and I am full of it. I am sure some has titanium but could just be large amount That’s  causing issues. Not sure. Thanks for your advice and I am sure that the titanium won’t hurt us. It will only be released in small increments over time. 😊 but yeah for future going to stick with black so no reactions. 

21 minutes ago, Ted85 said:

It is only white no colors at all, just white ink. And It’s odd cause I don’t have issues to my color ink, and I am full of it. I am sure some has titanium but could just be large amount That’s  causing issues. Not sure. Thanks for your advice and I am sure that the titanium won’t hurt us. It will only be released in small increments over time. 😊 but yeah for future going to stick with black so no reactions. 

That's interesting. I'm curious what it looks like. Have you noticed any loss of white or change in appearance? There is titanium dioxide is more than we realize. Sunscreen, makeup, etc. Granted it's not under the skin but could get absorbed nonetheless.

You could go the laser route but I think that would end up actually causing your body to absorb the titanium dioxide quicker.

It looks same to me. I healed very bad, rejecting alot of it, so went over it a couple times (now wish I had no white, but can’t take it back)  but still lots of ink. Looks Beige now, but still the same and it’s four years old. And yeah, laser would be all that once. Would rather have it be slow released to be honest. I’m sure we will be okay from it, smoking is worse and lots of people have white In them and now in their 80’s. I’m just concerned about the feeling I get with the pins and needles and it does get raised periodically. Makes me obsess over it. 

22 minutes ago, Ted85 said:

It looks same to me. I healed very bad, rejecting alot of it, so went over it a couple times (now wish I had no white, but can’t take it back)  but still lots of ink. Looks Beige now, but still the same and it’s four years old. And yeah, laser would be all that once. Would rather have it be slow released to be honest. I’m sure we will be okay from it, smoking is worse and lots of people have white In them and now in their 80’s. I’m just concerned about the feeling I get with the pins and needles and it does get raised periodically. Makes me obsess over it. 

I'm just asking for pure curiosity sake now, when you say it healed bad, do you mean heavy scabbing? What made you decide to refill it with white? Do it not look good against your natural skin tone?

Either way, my guess is that eventually it will all fall out again or get processed by your body and the side effects you are having will subside.

Yes, heavy scabby...very bad. At time I didn’t care what was in the ink or know. I was only interested in look. So did go over it a couple of times thinking it would look better but didn’t know. The white looks like skin and I’m very white and scabs that came out scared it. So hopefully all good for future health, but think it will he just fine considering millions of folks with white ink., And yeah you’re prolly right will end up getting rid of it overtime through my body since it’s affecting me now.