Advice on covering up or reworking half sleeve

Ruaidhri

Hey guys, new to the forum, was hoping to get some advice on what I can do with this half sleeve. I'd like to cover up or at the very least rework a large portion, but I'm not entirely sure whats possible. There is a lot of colour in it, so would I need to keep to large black and grey designs, or would I need to cover over with an intricate colourful design? Unfortunately moved away from my usual artist so still have to find a good artist locally to talk to.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers

Don't get me wrong, I still love this tat, and leaving it as it is isn't something that would trouble me greatly. Just there are parts of it that I'd like to go over. You know how after a while you begin to notice all the little flaws.

The flames on the wrist was an older tattoo, we incorporated them into the sleeve but they definitely are the worst looking part, aside from the fading and the poor line work on the flames, the design just isn't great. So I was hoping I might be able to go over them at least. There's also a part of the DNA strand that just looks a bit wobbly, but I might be able to cover that with another shroom or something!

I'm from Ireland btw.

Appreciate the input guys!

Thanks for the links guys. Yeah JMD's do some amazing work! There's a couple of shops I know of offering laser sessions now too, was something I was hoping to avoid though. Do you think a few laser sessions would be absolutely necessary to get over the brightly coloured parts? Or would a good artist be able to rework/cover?

Also, someone mentioned to me that because it's such a big area, I run the risk of building up a lot of scar tissue, which might make it difficult to ink over again? Ever heard of anything like that?