101 most influenctial

chrome

on vanishingtattoo.com bob baxter started a list of 101 most influential list. agree with the list so far? who's in there that shouldn't be? top 20 is yet to come but who belongs in the top 20?

I couldn't find the list you mentioned. I also got immediately turned off by the rest of the content of that website. Their tattoo design of the week was cheesy generic killer whale flash. hmmmm no thanks.

but there's even a tattoo celebrity of the week!

Again , any criticism is often percieved as envy or jealousy.

That being said this list and lists like these are bullshit- in my opinion.

There will always be those that use these lists to gauge the ability or competence of one person against another.

"Oh, your not on the list- well you must not be as good as whoever is!"

And no offense to so many on that list but what some of them do and who some of them are have had absolutely no influence on my life, tattooing or otherwise.

The problem with the list is that the list isn't for tattoo community. Take Shaquille for example, ask majority of the us household and they'll tell u that he's a big black basketball player with lots of tattoos. Ask this same people who grime is and they'll say it's dirt.

I don't know this Bob dude but since most of u guys out there think he's a piece of shit I guess he is. But with a proper top 20 maybe he can redeem himself. But there is a saying "u can't polish turd"

The problem with the list is that the list isn't for tattoo community. Take Shaquille for example, ask majority of the us household and they'll tell u that he's a big black basketball player with lots of tattoos. Ask this same people who grime is and they'll say it's dirt.

I don't know this Bob dude but since most of u guys out there think he's a piece of shit I guess he is. But with a proper top 20 maybe he can redeem himself. But there is a saying "u can't polish turd"

if this list isn't for the tattoo community, then is it for the general public? does the general public actually read Bob Baxter's blog, the Vanishing Tattoo site, or Skin and Ink? i feel like most of the people who are visiting those sites and reading Skin and Ink are the one's trying to get in the know, and who are enthusiastic about the community (at least in some way, for better or for worst).

• 1 month later...

how the fuck is anyone who isn't a tattooer on a list of 101 most influential people to tattooing. what a load of horseshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And seriously number 80 is "shop girls a.k.a. shop bitches" REALLY? my fucking head is about to explode. I can't read anymore of this mockery of a list. this should be entitled "Bob's 101 friends and celebrities he's thinks are cool for some reason list"

I hope i never meet his dude in real life cause he sounds like a pretty huge idiot who doesn't have tattooings best interest in mind.

A fucking tattoo list where more people on the list don't even do tattoos.

As someone who's worked as the shop help/customer service rep. I find it incredibly offensive. I would never work in a shop where I was looked at as the shop bitch rather than the chick who works her ass off doing all kinds of important things like making sure the shop and equipment is clean and safe, dealing with every kind of customer imaginable, making sure you've got a hot lunch to eat, and all the other hundreds of little things that people who works in shops do to make it an easier and more enjoyable place for the tattooers and their clients alike. Some tattooers unfortunately have zero respect for the people who help make their jobs go a lot smoother. I mean, if you want to spend your evening scrubbing tubes and washing the floor/toilets after the shop closes, you're welcome to it. I guarantee within one month of doing so you'll be begging for your "shop bitch" to come back.

There are a few shops that don't have employees outside of the tattooers but they are few and far between and are usually just people who are to cheap to pay for the help, or their shop is too slow to warrant the help.

As someone who's worked as the shop help/customer service rep. I find it incredibly offensive. I would never work in a shop where I was looked at as the shop bitch rather than the chick who works her ass off doing all kinds of important things like making sure the shop and equipment is clean and safe, dealing with every kind of customer imaginable, making sure you've got a hot lunch to eat, and all the other hundreds of little things that people who works in shops do to make it an easier and more enjoyable place for the tattooers and their clients alike. Some tattooers unfortunately have zero respect for the people who help make their jobs go a lot smoother. I mean, if you want to spend your evening scrubbing tubes and washing the floor/toilets after the shop closes, you're welcome to it. I guarantee within one month of doing so you'll be begging for your "shop bitch" to come back.

There are a few shops that don't have employees outside of the tattooers but they are few and far between and are usually just people who are to cheap to pay for the help, or their shop is too slow to warrant the help.

The other day some lady called me a secretary but she didn't know any better. But you know most of the tattooers I know treat their counter people really well and understand how much easier it makes their life.