101 most influenctial

chrome

you're right, most tattooers are pretty rad when it comes to how they treat the counter people, and most places pay a wage that you can actually live on.. but there's always those few who just don't get it... i know a guy who refused to pay the counter person until the management forced him too, even though the kid was doing all the same stuff for him as he was for everyone else

As someone who's worked as the shop help/customer service rep. I find it incredibly offensive. I would never work in a shop where I was looked at as the shop bitch rather than the chick who works her ass off doing all kinds of important things like making sure the shop and equipment is clean and safe, dealing with every kind of customer imaginable, making sure you've got a hot lunch to eat, and all the other hundreds of little things that people who works in shops do to make it an easier and more enjoyable place for the tattooers and their clients alike.

This reminds me of the thread a while back where the client was upset that the shop helper didn't offer to go get him a cup of coffee. I had thought about detailing the hundreds of things the shop helper had to juggle all at once, but just decided to leave it alone.

Y'know what, I thought this list would have just been stupid, and I didn't really bother to read it properly. After reading what Ursula said about the "shop bitches", I took a look. I actually feel offended, and I won't be writing for Bob again. I worked the desk at my mate's studio for a short time, and I have other friends who do it right now- I can completely agree with Ursula and David here! Though, my mate was a lot nicer to me than many tattooers can be at times, I got off easy, haha.