Help! Anyone dealt with tattoo allergy?

Pk1tty

Help! I got this tattoo 3 weeks ago and as of 4 days ago I’ve gotten this rash. It doesn’t hurt, but it is itchy. Not sure if that’s from healing. Anyone have advice or have ever had this happen?! Not sure what to do. I have other tatts but this never has happened. 

6B61FBE5-6850-41D6-9BB9-5092EE48CB9F.jpeg

17 hours ago, Pk1tty said:

I also have heard it could be that I put too much aquaphor on it and I clogged my pores. Not sure what to think

could be too much aquafor or it could be a red ink allergy, either way it will go away.

unless it hurts and it is warm to the touch I wouldn't worry about it.

don't put aquafor  on it, try some Aveeno lightly

Edited by Dan

7 hours ago, Dan said:

could too much aquafor or it could be a red ink allergy, either way it will go away.

7 hours ago, Dan said:could

Have you seen a reaction like this before? 

7 hours ago, Dan said:

could too much aquafor or it could be a red ink allergy, either way it will go away.

Sorry idk how this site works.

have you see this reaction before?

7 hours ago, Dan said:

Have you seen a reaction like this before? 

Had this happen to me once. Was a reaction to some lotion I'd used on my fairly new tattoo cos I'd ran out of my usual aftercare.

Started developing bumps/rash and itched like crazy. Ended up dry healing cos I did not want to aggravate it any further.

Healed fine if that's what you are concerned about. Keep it clean and try not to drown it with anything.

If it becomes hot/warm to the touch. Doctor would be your best bet.

4 hours ago, cgrave said:

Had this happen to me once. Was a reaction to some lotion I'd used on my fairly new tattoo cos I'd ran out of my usual aftercare.

Started developing bumps/rash and itched like crazy. Ended up dry healing cos I did not want to aggravate it any further.

Healed fine if that's what you are concerned about. Keep it clean and try not to drown it with anything.

If it becomes hot/warm to the touch. Doctor would be your best bet.

Definitely not hot/warm to touch just itches like crazy! I stoped using my usual cream. How long did it take before it calmed down and went away? Thanks for the reply!

On 12/13/2019 at 12:50 PM, tattooedchk! said:

I don't know if this is helpful, but I've often thought I have an allergy to ink.  My sleeve is 10 years old and it still raises and gets itchy every now and again.  Has anyone else experienced this?

I have some old tattoos that sometimes get a little angry, but i usually attribute it to my eczema, sun exposure, or some other factor. I'm sure pairing those things with ink and traumatized areas of skin don't help... but it sure looks cooler than eczema on blank skin! 😉

On 12/15/2019 at 11:30 PM, Pk1tty said:

Definitely not hot/warm to touch just itches like crazy! I stoped using my usual cream. How long did it take before it calmed down and went away? Thanks for the reply!

Sorry for the late reply. It took me about 2 weeks before it started feeling normal. 3 weeks before it was actually fine.

Hoped that helped!