Pk1tty

Help! Anyone dealt with tattoo allergy?

Recommended Posts

Help! I got this tattoo 3 weeks ago and as of 4 days ago I’ve gotten this rash. It doesn’t hurt, but it is itchy. Not sure if that’s from healing. Anyone have advice or have ever had this happen?! Not sure what to do. I have other tatts but this never has happened. 

6B61FBE5-6850-41D6-9BB9-5092EE48CB9F.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Pk1tty said:

I also have heard it could be that I put too much aquaphor on it and I clogged my pores. Not sure what to think

could be too much aquafor or it could be a red ink allergy, either way it will go away.

unless it hurts and it is warm to the touch I wouldn't worry about it.

don't put aquafor  on it, try some Aveeno lightly

Edited by Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dan said:

could too much aquafor or it could be a red ink allergy, either way it will go away.

unless it hurts and it is warm to the touch I wouldn't worry about it.

don't put aquafor  on it, try some Aveeno lightly

 

7 hours ago, Dan said:could

Have you seen a reaction like this before? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dan said:

could too much aquafor or it could be a red ink allergy, either way it will go away.

unless it hurts and it is warm to the touch I wouldn't worry about it.

don't put aquafor  on it, try some Aveeno lightly

Sorry idk how this site works.

 

have you see this reaction before?

7 hours ago, Dan said:

Have you seen a reaction like this before? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had this happen to me once. Was a reaction to some lotion I'd used on my fairly new tattoo cos I'd ran out of my usual aftercare.

Started developing bumps/rash and itched like crazy. Ended up dry healing cos I did not want to aggravate it any further.

Healed fine if that's what you are concerned about. Keep it clean and try not to drown it with anything.

If it becomes hot/warm to the touch. Doctor would be your best bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cgrave said:

Had this happen to me once. Was a reaction to some lotion I'd used on my fairly new tattoo cos I'd ran out of my usual aftercare.

Started developing bumps/rash and itched like crazy. Ended up dry healing cos I did not want to aggravate it any further.

Healed fine if that's what you are concerned about. Keep it clean and try not to drown it with anything.

If it becomes hot/warm to the touch. Doctor would be your best bet.

Definitely not hot/warm to touch just itches like crazy! I stoped using my usual cream. How long did it take before it calmed down and went away? Thanks for the reply!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2019 at 12:50 PM, tattooedchk! said:

I don't know if this is helpful, but I've often thought I have an allergy to ink.  My sleeve is 10 years old and it still raises and gets itchy every now and again.  Has anyone else experienced this?

I have some old tattoos that sometimes get a little angry, but i usually attribute it to my eczema, sun exposure, or some other factor. I'm sure pairing those things with ink and traumatized areas of skin don't help... but it sure looks cooler than eczema on blank skin! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2019 at 11:30 PM, Pk1tty said:

Definitely not hot/warm to touch just itches like crazy! I stoped using my usual cream. How long did it take before it calmed down and went away? Thanks for the reply!

Sorry for the late reply. It took me about 2 weeks before it started feeling normal. 3 weeks before it was actually fine.

Hoped that helped!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Posts

    • I think it's too early to tell: I'd keep it as clean as possible, moisturize lightly several times a day (try to keep it from fully drying out), and give it another 4-6 weeks.   Worst case if you had some color fall out, your artist will probably be able to touch it back up once it's 100% healed.
    • Hi there, I wondered if anyone has had an infected tattoo and it’s ended up still looking good  after healing? I got a beautiful foot tattoo just over a week ago and with all the best will in the world, it’s got mildly infected. No pus, no streaks. But red and raised and quite sore after a week. Think I caught it early. The doctors put me on antibiotics which is a relief but I’m worried for my beautiful piece of artwork. The once beautiful leaf detail is covered in scabs and I can’t the detail anymore. I know patience is key and time will tell.... but just wondered if anyone also had personal experience of this to share?  I’ve attached pics of it just done and also today so you can see.  Thank you, from a manic little sausage in the UK xx  
    • Hi there, I wondered if anyone has had an infected tattoo and it’s ended up still looking good  after healing? I got a beautiful foot tattoo just over a week ago and with all the best will in the world, it’s got mildly infected. No pus, no streaks. But red and raised and quite sore after a week. Think I caught it early. The doctors put me on antibiotics which is a relief but I’m worried for my beautiful piece of artwork. The once beautiful leaf detail is covered in scabs and I can’t the detail anymore. I know patience is key and time will tell.... but just wondered if anyone also had personal experience of this to share?  I’ve attached pics of it just done and also today so you can see.  Thank you, from a manic little sausage in the UK xx  
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

  • Topics

  • Blog Entries